The Powakaddy FX7 GPS golf trolley is one of the most well-rounded and stylish golf trolleys on the market. The Powakaddy FX7 GPS is designed to put powerful technology into the hands of users, making them focus on what matters most when dealing with golf trolleys. It is electrically powered, with Bluetooth capability and hig performance GPS technology that comes pre-installed with over 40 000 golf courses from all over the world without any need for annual fees or monthly subscriptions. It truly is one of the best accessories a golfer can have on the golf course, even though it is liable to some problems on the golf course. It is also powered by either a 30V 36 hole lithium battery or a smaller 30V 18 hole battery, the former costing a lot more than the latter.
Table of Contents
1. Slow On Start Up
It is generally very frustrating if a sewing machine doesn’t work the way you intend to make it work or how it should work. The Powakaddy FX7 GPS is one of the culprits, when starting up the electric golf trolley it tends to run very slowly, wasting your precious time that you could be spending on the golf course. This problem is usually related to the battery and control box of the golf trolley, such that electrical power is not adequately distributed throughout the golf trolley as it should be. This makes the golf trolley very slow as opposed to fast when starting it.
- Make sure that the battery is securely placed in its compartment such that it makes a click.
- When charging the battery first turn it on by pressing and holding the power button until a green light illuminates. Plug the battery into the charger, this should turn the charger’s light from green to red so as to indicate that the charging process has started.
2. Battery Can Die
This is not to say that the charge of the battery depletes, no. This is to say that the battery totally ceases to work even when it is still under warranty. For an electrically powered golf trolley such as the Powakaddy FX7 GPS to run, including all present electronics, it needs a powerful battery that cannot only handle the golf trolley’s motor but the load it will have to carry as well. The Powakaddy FX7 GPS’s lithium battery doesn’t seem to be able to do so. It’s problem is that the battery can die unexpectedly even whilst you’re still maneuvering around the golf course.
- In order to correctly charge the Powakaddy FX7 GPS’s lithium battery, it needs to be turned on and then off again when the charging has been completed.
- Do not charge the battery in places where the temperatures exceed -10°C or are above 40°C, these can be places such as outdoor sheds or metal buildings.
- The battery should be charged at most for eight hours. If the battery is left for more than twelve hours on the charger it will automatically turn off. This too can be the cause of the battery’s death.
- Never short circuit the battery as this might cause the above problem.
3. Electronic Braking Doesn’t Work
The Powakaddy FX7 GPS electric golf trolley has a feature that lets you go up and down steep hills effectively whilst it does the braking for you automatically. This feature is supposed to maintain the Powakaddy FX7 GPS’s speed consistently throughout the golf course without you having to change anything, it is also automatic so you would not have to constantly change a setting on the golf trolley. Unfortunately it doesn’t work very well or at all on the Powakaddy FX7 GPS, the problem is that when you approach a descending hill, the golf trolley will not automatically apply the brakes so as to keep its motion constant. It will instead descend down that hill very quickly. And this shouldn’t be the case at all.
- First and foremost, the automatic brake setting should be on for the golf trolley.
- This can also be a fault related to the brakes of the golf trolley, such that they are worn out and need replacing.
- The control box that controls all these features may also be at fault, perhaps due to a disconnected cable or damaged electronic component. In which case you would need to replace and reconnect both.
4. Poor Build Quality
If you do a quick search for the Powakaddy FX7 GPS and some reviews, you will find that it is riddled with problems pertaining to the golf trolley’s umbrella holder screw. And the problem is that the screw that holds the umbrella holder tends to loosen and get lost without some users even noticing until the very last possible moment. The screw keeps the umbrella holder at an upright position, when it comes undone you won’t be able to use the umbrella holder as intended anymore.
- Fortunately if you call in to Powakaddy’s customer service and report that this exact problem has occurred on your golf trolley, you will get a guaranteed free replacement.
- Before going out to the golf course, make sure that the umbrella holder’s screw is securely tightened or fastened to the Powakaddy FX7 GPS.
- Do not jet wash or immerse the Powakaddy FX7 GPS golf trolley in water. To effectively clean the golf trolley use a sponge and warm water to remove mud, grass and any other debris.
- To keep the Powakaddy FX7 GPS’s wheels turning, make sure to remove them and apply grease to the axel and other moving parts regularly so that they remain optimal.
It is said by golfers and users that the Powakaddy has the best customer service in the business but why would a company’s customer service always be bombarded with issues if their products are already great? The Powakaddy FX7 GPS is loaded with features, some might wonder if you really need them all because it doesn’t matter if a product is beautifully designed or if it can do more than it is capable of doing. The question is can the product do what it is mainly designed to do. And the Powakaddy FX7 GPS falls a little short on that answer.