The Shot Scope V3 is a golf watch essential for yardage finding. Yardage is simply an amount or length measure in yards. It is a GPS golf watch that has 16 golf club (golf stick) tracking sensors with which you will be able to calculate distances on the golf course and possible hazards – Like bunkers (sand pits), doglegs (a sharp bend in a fairway before reaching a hole) and water – as well as your game statistics. With the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch you will be able to calculate the distance of shots from the front, middle and back of the green (golf course.) But even with such notable capabilities that can literally turn almost anyone into a golf pro, however the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch does carry with it some equally notable problems. One of which is the annoyingly complicated setup.
Table of Contents
1. No Touchscreen Functionality
Most GPS golf watches now come standard with ultra responsive touchscreen functionality. Not only do touchscreens aid in easy of use but they also make the watch more modern and stylish. The problem with the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch is that it does not have touchscreen functionality, instead you get an average looking screen and four buttons (two on the left side and two on the right side) to help navigate the GPS golf watch’s features.
- Although it can be hard to get used to them the four buttons on the watch are just as good enough to navigate and use some of the Shot Scope GPS golf watch’s features.
2. Faulty Tracking Sensors
The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch comes with 16 club tracking sensors (which you screw on top of the handle or grip of your golf club.) The sensor(s) will then track how hard you hit your shot and how far along it will go on the golf course. It will also let you know what kind of golf club you’re using. The problem with the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch is that it may not display the correct information about your shot and which golf club you used. This is also a problem because the only reason you would purchase such a gadget would be the accuracy it affords when taking shots on the golf course, if the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch cannot do that accurately it is practically useless.
- You would have to adjust your game statistics using the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch’s app.
- You can also login to their website to accurately set up this information.
3. Faulty Band Straps
Unfortunately the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch has a predominantly plastic build, which some golfers may not appreciate because of the GPS golf watch’s price point. But a plastic build isn’t at all that bad as long as the functionality of the GPS golf watch is not compromised.
The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch has problematic band straps because they are made of a synthetic rubber of a low quality, that and the fact that the strap holder is made entirely out of plastic makes the watch seem like it is a child’s toy. Golf can be intense on wrists (where the golf watch will be placed) of the golfer because that is where most of the energy exchanges (between the golfer and the golf club) take place. So the band straps on watches need to be strong, so they do not break. The straps on the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch can break however.
- The band straps are not easily removable, however you would need to unscrew some screws in order to replace them. But if you have not done it before it would be wise to visit a professional to do it for you.
4. It Is Complicated To Use
The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch comes with four buttons for navigation as compared to a touchscreen. Now this would not be a problem on a normal watch but since the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch is packed with all kinds of golfing features, it can become quite a hassle trying to navigate them all. Since sometimes you will not be able to remember which button does what because they all look and are the same.
- The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch does come with a user manual guide, most people will neglect to read through it completely. But to fully understand how to use this GPS golf watch you need to familiarize yourself with all the content located within the user manual guide (it will only take a couple of minutes.)
5. It Doesn’t Charge
The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch comes with a charger that’s quite long enough for charging the watch but sometimes the problem of the GPS golf watch not charging may arise. When you’re outside playing golf you will most likely be exposed to elements like wind and heat. These things are not necessarily bad but they may bring in dust and debris. Plus heat makes you sweat a lot naturally. And because you place the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch around your wrist during such a time. The dust and debris from the air coupled with your sweat may make their way to the connectors (these are at the back of the watch and serve as a gateway to charge the GPS golf watch’s battery) and when you clip on the charger this debris and dust, and sweat gets in the way of the transfer of current.
- It is important that when you unstrap your GPS golf watch from your wrist to charge it you wipe the connectors on the watch with a dry, clean cloth.
- The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch’s charger has an amazing clip feature that makes sure you’re connecting the charger the correct way.
- It is also important to make sure that the charger is fully and securely connected to the power source.
More To Do
- Before using the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch it is important to charge it until it is full. Never take the GPS golf watch to a gold course without having fully charged it.
- Always update the firmware (software) of the Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch to the latest version. An outdated firmware version will hinder some basic functionality of the GPS golf watch sometimes.
The Shot Scope V3 GPS golf watch is a somewhat complicated device, in this day and age that is a major downside. Technology is meant to make life, and its luxuries and chores simpler. But when it is making life more complicated it makes it problematic and unnecessary. This GPS golf watch is packed with features and the 16 tracking sensors it comes with are simply unmatched at its affordable price point, making it seem not as bad as it is.