Kubota has definitely made a name for itself when it comes to producing quality vehicles however, even the best brands are known to produce machines or vehicles that develop problems overtime. Below we focus specifically on the Kubota RTV 400 and some of the problems it usually faces.
Table of Contents
What Is Kubota RTV 400?
The Kubota RTV 400 is a utility vehicle that is used for both work and recreational activities. This vehicle comes with a 16hp engine, 2 seats and a displacement of 404cm3. The Kubota RTV 400 is very durable and reliable so you will definitely be getting value for your money.
Kubota RTV 400 Problems
1. Engine Overheats
One of the problems experienced by a Kubota RTV 400 is that the engine can sometimes overheat and this problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- Engine may be overloaded
- Engine might not have enough oil.
- There might not be any engine coolant in your utility vehicle.
- Radiator may be dirty
- Motor driven fan may not be working.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Kubota RTV 400 is overheating here are a few things you can try in order to resolve the problem.
- If the engine is overloaded you need to reduce speed and also reduce the load.
- Check engine oil levels and replenish it if low.
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low.
- If the radiator is dirty you need to clean it by removing any dirt or debris that may be stuck inside.
- If the motor driven fan is not working you need to check the fuse and replace it if it is blown out.
2. Starting Problems
The Kubota RTV 400 can also encounter starting problems. In most cases the engine becomes difficult to start or it does not start at all. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- The key switch might not be in the proper position.
- There might be no fuel in the utility vehicle.
- There might be contaminated or old fuel in the tank.
- The fuel filter or hose might be clogged.
- The spark plug may be defective.
- The fuse might have been blown out.
- Battery might be defective or worn out.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If your Kubota RTV 400 is refusing to start, there are a few ways in which you can try to resolve the problem. Below are some of the techniques you may try out;
- Start by checking the key switch and ensure that it is in the on position.
- Drain old or contaminated fuel from your tank and replenish it with clean fuel.
- If the fuel filter and hose are clogged you need to clean and replace the fuel lines.
- Fix or replace the spark plug if it is defective.
- If the fuse is blown out you need to replace it.
- Check battery connections. If the battery is worn out or damaged you need to replace it.
3. Excessive Smoking
Another problem which you may encounter with the Kubota RTV 400 is that the vehicle may start smoking excessively. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- Use of low grade fuel.
- Clogged air cleaner.
- Engine might be overloaded.
Troubleshooting Excessive Smoking Problem
When you notice that your Kubota RTV 400 is smoking excessively you need to try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Drain all fuel from your RTV and replace it with clean, fresh fuel.
- If the air cleaner is clogged you need to clean or replace it.
- If the engine is overloaded you need to reduce the load.
4. Engine Stalls
The engine of a Kubota RTV 400 can start stalling and this problem happens when the following occur;
- Air filter may be clogged.
- Spark plug may be faulty or defective.
- You may have added the wrong fuel into the tank.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
If the engine of your Kubota RTV 400 is stalling you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Clean or replace clogged air filters.
- Fix or replace a faulty spark plug.
- Check or inspect the type of fuel you added into your tank. If you added the wrong fuel you need to drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
5. Engine Backfires
The engine of a Kubota RTV 400 can sometimes backfire and this problem happens when any of the following things occur;
- The spark plug may be faulty or damaged.
- You may have added the wrong or contaminated fuel into your tank.
Troubleshooting Engine Backfires Problem
When the engine of your Kubota RTV 400 starts backfiring you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- If the spark plug is faulty or damaged you need to either fix or replace it with a new one.
- Check the state of the fuel you added into your tank. If it is contaminated or the wrong fuel you need to drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
How To Avoid Kubota RTV 400 Problems
If you want to avoid Kubota RTV 400 problems its best to start by regularly servicing and maintaining your utility vehicle. This helps to ensure that you can detect small problems before they turn into something big.
What Is The Top Speed Of A Kubota RTV 400?
The top speed of a Kubota RTV 400 is 40km/h. This vehicle has a decent speed and is worth buying.
What Does Kubota RTV Mean?
RTV simply means rugged terrain vehicle. This means that these vehicles can be used in areas were ther roads are not so good.
What Is The Advantage Of Kubota?
The advantage of purchasing utility vehicles from Kubota is that they are easy to operate and it is also a trusted brand.
The Kubota RTV 400 is a great utility vehicle to own and while it may face problems it is important to note that they can easily be resolved. If you are thinking of purchasing a Kubota RTV 400 do not let this article discourage you from doing so.