Kubota is known for producing quality tractor loaders and the BX23S is one good example. If you are looking to buy this machine, you definitely need to know some of the problems it may succumb to whilst in your care. This will place you in a better position to resolve the issues. Below we look at some of the common Kubota BX23S problems and how you can easily resolve them.
Table of Contents
What Is Kubota BX23S?
Kubota BX23S is a tractor loader that has a 23 horsepower diesel engine. It is easy to drive and works smoothly even in tight spaces. The Kubota BX23S has a swift-tach loader and backhoe that enables you to remove the loader without getting down from the tractor. It also has a high back seat which has adjustable arm rests.
Kubota BX23S Problems
NB: All Kubota machines are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems highlighted below are usually influenced by wear and tear experienced by the machines.
1. Engine Overheats
One of the problems which you may experience with a Kubota BX23S tractor is that the engine might overheat. This problem is hard to resolve since it is usually influenced by several factors, some of which include;
- Low engine coolant levels.
- Dirty radiator.
- Loose or damaged fan belt.
- Engine overloaded.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When the engine of your Kubota BX23S starts overheating, here are a few troubleshooting techniques that you can try out in a bid to resolve the problem;
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low.
- Clean radiator if it is dirty.
- Tighten fan belt or replace it with a new one if damaged.
- If the engine is overloaded, shift to lower gear or reduce load.
2. Excessive Smoking
The Kubota BX23S has a tendency of smoking excessively and this can be very annoying for many users. This problem is usually influenced by any of the following factors;
- Air cleaner might be clogged.
- Fuel might be contaminated or old.
- There might be too much oil in the tractor.
- Injection nozzle might be defective.
- The inside of the exhaust muffler might be damp.
Troubleshooting Excessive Smoking Problem
If your Kubota BX23S is smoking excessively, there are a few methods you can use to try and resolve the issue. Below are some of the methods you should definitely try out;
- Clean the air cleaner and replace any parts that might be damaged.
- Drain contaminated or old fuel and replace it with clean, fresh fuel.
- Check fuel levels and ensure that your tractor does not have too much oil.
- Fix or replace injection nozzle if damaged.
- If exhaust muffler is damp, heat muffler by applying load to the engine.
3. Engine Does Not Start
You may also experience starting problems when you are operating a Kubota BX23S tractor. This is actually one of the most complicated problems to resolve on this tractor since it is usually influenced by several factors. Below are some of the factors which can cause this problem;
- Lack of fuel in tank.
- Fuel might not be flowing properly to the engine.
- Fuel might be contaminated.
- Weak battery.
Troubleshooting Engine Does Not Start Problem
If the engine of your Kubota BX23S is refusing to start, here are a few ways you can use to try and resolve the problem;
- Check whether there is enough fuel in your tank.
- Check whether there are no blockages that may be preventing fuel to reach the engine.
- Test whether fuel is contaminated and replace it with clean fuel.
- Check battery voltage and recharge if low.
4. Low Engine Power
The engine power of a Kubota BX23S can become very low. This problem is usually caused by the following factors;
- Your fuel might be low.
- Fuel in tank might be contaminated.
- Air cleaner might be clogged.
Troubleshooting Low Engine Power Problem
If your Kubota BX23S has low engine power, there are a few techniques you can use to try and resolve the problem;
- Check fuel levels and add more fuel if it is low.
- Drain fuel from your tank and replace it with clean fuel.
- Clean or replace the air cleaner.
5. Engine Suddenly Stops
The engine of a Kubota BX23S can just stop whilst it was previously running. This problem usually occurs when the tractor has run out of fuel.
Troubleshooting Engine Suddenly Stops
When the engine of your Kubota BX23S suddenly stops, you need to find clean fuel to place in the tank.
How To Avoid Kubota BX23S Problems
If you want to prevent your tractor from experiencing any of these problems it is very important that you service it regularly. This helps to ensure that problems are identified earlier before they emanate into even bigger challenges. Furthermore, you should also maintain your tractor, meaning you should always replace things like engine coolant, fuel and oil. You should also check if there aren’t any loose or worn out parts on the tractor.
Are Kubota Tractors Reliable?
Yes, Kubota tractors are very reliable mainly because they will help you get the job done efficiently and effortlessly. These tractors are also very durable, so if you are looking to spend your money on a quality machine, you should definitely consider it.
What Are The Most Common Problems With Kubota Tractors?
Kubota tractors have their flaws just like any other tractor available on the market. Some of the most common problems with Bobcat tractors are;
- Their engines usually overheat.
- The tractors usually face starting problems.
- They usually smoke excessively.
How Much Can A Kubota BX23S Lift?
A Kubota BX23S can lift a load of about 745 lbs.
Are Kubota Engines Made In China?
Kubota engines are not made in China, they are made in the United States of America.
While the Kubota BX23S might seem like a flawed tractor, it is actually a good tractor that is worth spending your money on. The problems indicated in this article can be avoided and they can also be solved. So if you encounter any problem, just check the guide above in order to get a clear picture on how to resolve the issue.