Kubota has definitely made a name for itself when it comes to producing quality tractors. However, even the best tractors are known to experience problems overtime. In this article we will discuss some of the most common Kubota problems and how you can easily resolve them. We will focus specifically on the Kubota BX25D.
Table of Contents
What Is Kubota BX25D?
The Kubota BX25D is a sub-compact tractor loader or backhoe that is powered by the Kubota D902 liquid cooled, 3 cylinder diesel engine. This tractor has a horsepower of 23.0 and a fuel capacity of 6.6 gallons. This tractor is very durable and reliable so you will definitely be getting value for your money.
Kubota BX25D Problems
NB: Kubota BX25D tractors are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems indicated below are usually influenced by wear and tear or human error.
1. Engine Does Not Start
One of the problems which you may experience with a Kubota BX25D tractor is that the engine may refuse to start. This problem is usually caused by a number of factors some of which include;
- Low fuel in tank.
- Use of contaminated fuel.
- Weak or dead battery.
Troubleshooting Engine Does Not Start Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Kubota BX25D tractor will not start, you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Check fuel levels and replenish it if low.
- If you had added contaminated fuel into your tank, drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
- Recharge your battery if it is low. If the battery is damaged you need to purchase a new one.
2. Engine Emits Black Smoke
The engine of a Kubota BX25D can start emitting black smoke. This problem usually occurs when any of the following factors are present;
- There might be too much oil in the crankcase.
- Fuel quality may be poor.
- The air cleaner may be clogged.
Troubleshooting Engine Emits Black Smoke Problem
When the engine of your Kubota BX25D tractor starts emitting black smoke you can try any of the following in order to troubleshoot the problem;
- Check oil levels and drain any excess oil from the crankcase.
- If the fuel quality is poor you need to drain your fuel and replace it with clean fuel.
- Clean or replace the air cleaner element if it is dirty.
3. Engine Emits Blue Or White Smoke
Kubota BX25D tractors have a problem of emitting blue or white smoke. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- Fuel quality may be poor.
- Fuel injection nozzle may be faulty.
- The exhaust muffler may be damp from fuel.
Troubleshooting Engine Emits Blue Or White Smoke
If you notice that the engine of your Kubota BX25D is emitting blue or white smoke you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Check or inspect the quality of fuel you placed into the tractor. If it is of low quality you need to drain it and replace it with quality fuel.
- Fix or replace fuel injection nozzle if it is faulty.
- If the exhaust muffler is damp from fuel you need to heat the muffler by applying load to the engine.
4. Engine Overheats
Another problem which you may encounter with a Kubota BX25D tractor is that the engine may overheat. This problem happens when any of the following things occur;
- There might be low coolant in your engine.
- Fan belt may be loose or worn out.
- Radiator may be dirty.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Kubota BX25D tractor has started overheating you can try any of the following techniques in order to solve the issue;
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low.
- If the fan belt is loose tighten it, but if it is worn out you need to replace it.
- Clean radiator if it is dirty.
5. Engine Stalls
The engine of a Kubota BX25D can start stalling and this problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- Battery may be weak.
- Air filter may be clogged.
- Air might be trapped inside the fuel line.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
When the engine of your Kubota BX25D starts stalling you can try the following methods in order to help resolve the issue;
- Check battery voltage and recharge if it is low.
- If air filter is clogged you need to clean it.
- Bleed the engine if air is trapped inside.
Causes Of Kubota BX25D Problems
Kubota BX25D tractor problems are usually caused by poor maintenance of the tractor. If you are someone who does not regularly check their engine or condition of their tractor, you are most likely to experience most of these problems. A tractor should also be serviced at least once a year.
Wear And Tear
Another cause of Kubota BX25D tractor problems is wear and tear. All tractors are prone to wear and tear and the Kubota BX25D is no exception. When you notice that some parts of your tractor have been affected by wear and tear you should replace those parts.
Is A Kubota BX25D A Good Tractor?
The Kubota BX25D is a good tractor to own, it comes with a strong engine and it is very durable and reliable. With this tractor you will definitely be getting value for your money.
How Much Can A Kubota BX25D Lift?
The Kubota BX25D has a lift capacity of 680lbs, so you shouldn’t be using it to carry a lot of heavy materials or else it will develop problems sooner than you think.
What Are The Most Common Problems With Kubota Tractors?
Kubota tractors usually face a number of problems. Below are some of the most common Kubota tractor problems;
- Engine overheats.
- Starting Problems.
- Engine stalls.
- Engine smokes.
Kubota is known for making quality tractors and while the BX25D may seem problematic it is important to note that these problems do not happen on a regular basis. If you are thinking of purchasing a Kubota BX25D tractor do not let the problems discussed above derail from doing so.