Knowing which problems your refrigerator is most likely to face in the future can help you better prepare for how to resolve them. Below we look at some of the most common Frigidaire FG4H2272UF problems and how you can easily resolve them at home.
Table of Contents
What Is Frigidaire FG4H2272UF?
The Frigidaire FG4H2272UF is a 36 inch counter depth French door refrigerator, with a custom Flex temp drawer. This refrigerator comes with a freezer capacity of 8.36 CU.FT, and a refrigerator capacity of 13.4 CU.FT. The Frigidaire FG4H2272UF is considered to be a very convenient and durable refrigerator when compared to other refrigerators.
Frigidaire FG4H2272UF Problems
NB: Brand new Frigidaire FG4H2272UF refrigerators are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems indicated in this article are usually influenced by wear and tear experienced by the refrigerator or human error.
1. Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice
One of the problems which you may experience with a Frigidaire FG4H2272UF is that the ice maker may refuse to make ice. This problem usually occurs when any of the following happen;
- The ice maker may be turned off.
- Refrigerator may not be connected to water line.
- The water valve may be closed.
- Water filter may not be sitting properly.
- The water filter may be clogged with foreign materials.
Troubleshooting Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice Problems
When you notice that your ice maker is not making any ice you can use any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Start by turning on the ice maker.
- Connect the refrigerator to the household water supply.
- Open the water valve so that water can flow easily into the ice maker.
- Re-install the water filter and ensure that it is sitting properly.
- If the water filter is clogged with foreign objects you can clean it or replace it with a new one.
2. Ice Dispenser Gets Jammed
- When you have a Frigidaire FG4H2272UF there is a chance that the ice dispenser will get jammed. This problem usually happens when any of the following occur;
- Ice might have melted and re-frozen around the auger because you do not use the ice dispenser regularly or there might have been power outages.
- Ice cubes may be jammed between the ice maker and back ice container.
Troubleshooting Ice Dispenser Gets Jammed Problem
If you notice that your ice dispenser is getting jammed you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Start by removing the ice container and letting it sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Once the water has ice has melted you should clean the container and place it back into the refrigerator. Once the machine starts making ice, it will not jam up in the ice dispenser.
- If ice cubes are jammed in the ice maker it is important that you remove the ice cubes that are jamming the dispenser.
3. Water Has An Odd Taste
When you have a Frigidaire FG4H2272UF the dispenser may produce water that has an odd taste. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things occur;
- Water may not have been dispensed from the refrigerator for an extended period of time.
- The unit may not be properly connected to the cold water line.
Troubleshooting Water Has An Odd Taste Problem
When you notice that your water has an odd taste, you should try using the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- If water has not been dispensed for a long period of time you should start by drawing and discarding at least 10 glasses of water in order to freshen up the water.
- If the unit is not properly connected to the water supply, you need to connect the unit to the cold water line that supplies water to your kitchen.
4. Compressor Does Not Run
Another problem which you may experience with a Frigidaire FG4H2272UF is that the compressor may stop running. This problem occurs when any of the following happen;
- The refrigerator may be in defrost cycle.
- The plug at electrical outlet may be disconnected.
- The fuse may be blown.
- Circuit breaker may have tripped.
Troubleshooting Compressor Does Not Run Problem
If you notice that the compressor of your Frigidaire FG4H2272UF is not running you can try implementing any of the following techniques to resolve the issue;
- If the refrigerator is in the defrost cycle you should leave it like that because it is normal for refrigerators to go through this process. It will usually last about 30 minutes in this state.
- Check if the plug is correctly inserted into the outlet.
- If the fuse is blown out you need to have it replaced.
- Reset circuit breaker if it has tripped.
5. Door Does Not Close
When you have a Frigidaire FG4H2272UF it is common to experience problems with the doors and in most cases they refuse to close. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- The refrigerator may not be sitting on level ground.
- There might be food that is obstructing the door from closing.
- Flipper mullion may not be in the correct position.
Troubleshooting Door Does Not Close Problem
When you notice that the door of your Frigidaire FG4H2272UF is refusing to close, you can try any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Check whether the refrigerator is sitting on level ground. If not you will need to correct that.
- Check whether there are any foods that are obstructing the door from closing and remove them.
- Place flipper mullion in its correct position.
Why Is My Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator Not Cooling?
Your Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator may not be cooling because the seal may be damaged or dirty.
How Do I Set The Temperature On My Frigidaire Refrigerator?
Frigidaire refrigerators come with buttons which you can use to adjust the temperature of your refrigerator so you need to look closely.
Frigidaire FG4H2272UF refrigerators are very convenient and durable so if you are thinking of purchasing them, do not let this article discourage you from doing so. The problems indicated in this article can easily be resolved using the techniques provided.