Honda is known for producing quality generators however, even the best generators are known to face problems overtime. Below we look at some of the most common Honda EU10i problems and how you can easily troubleshoot them at home.
Table of Contents
What Is Honda EU10i?
Honda EU10i is a portable generator that comes with unique inverter technology which guarantees smooth and uninterrupted electricity. The Honda EU10i comes with an oil alert feature which notifies you when oil levels are low. This generator also comes with low noise levels and a warranty.
Honda EU10i Problems
NB: Honda EU10i generators are sold without any defective parts and the problems indicated below are usually influenced by human error or wear and tear of the machine.
1. Engine Does Not Start
One of the common problems which you may experience with a Honda EU10i generator is that the engine may refuse to start. This problem usually occurs when any of the following factors are present;
- There might be no fuel in the engine.
- The engine may be switched off.
- There might be no oil in the engine.
- The spark plug may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Engine Does Not Start Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Honda EU10i is refusing to start, you can try any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Check fuel levels and replenish it if low.
- Check whether engine is switched on.
- Check oil levels and replenish it if low.
- Fix or replace the spark plug if it is faulty.
2. Engine Misfires
Another problem which you may experience with a Honda EU10i is that the engine may start to misfire. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- Faulty spark plugs.
- You may have inserted the wrong fuel into your generator.
- Ignition coils may be defective.
Troubleshooting Engine Misfires Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Honda EU10i is misfiring you can try using any of the following methods in a bid to try and resolve the problems;
- If the spark plug is faulty you need to fix or replace it with a new one.
- Check the type of fuel you inserted into the generator. If you had placed the wrong fuel you need to drain it out and replace it with the correct fuel.
- If ignition coils are defective you need to have them replaced.
3. Engine Stalls
The engine of a Honda EU10i can sometimes stall. This problem is usually caused by any of the following factors;
- Oil level might be low.
- Fuel level may be low.
- The air filter may be dirty.
- Fuel filter may be clogged.
- Fuel lines may be blocked.
- Spark plug may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Honda EU10i is stalling you can try implementing any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the problem;
- Check oil and fuel levels and replenish them if they are both low.
- Clean air filter if it is dirty.
- If the fuel filter is clogged you need to clean it and replace the element.
- If the fuel lines are blocked you need to clean them.
- If spark plug is faulty you need to fix or replace it.
4. Generator Turns On But Does Not Generate Any Power
Another problems which you may experience with a Honda EU10i is that the generator may switch on but fail to generator any power. This problem usually occurs when any of the following happen;
- The alternator or voltage regulator may be damaged.
- There could be a problem with the wiring on your generator.
- The fuse may be blown out.
Troubleshooting Generator Turns On But Does Not Generate Any Power Problem
If you notice that your Honda EU10i is on but not generating any power you should use any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Check the alternator and voltage regulator to see if they are functional. If they are damaged you need to fix them.
- If the wiring on your generator is not properly aligned you need to fix it.
- If the fuse is blown out you will need to replace it with a new one.
5. Excessive Noise
A Honda EU10i generator can start making excessive noises and this problem is usually caused by any of the following factors;
- The air filter may be contaminated.
- Muffler may be clogged or damaged.
- Rods, pistons, bearings and other components might be loose.
Troubleshooting Excessive Noise Problem
When you notice that your Honda EU10i is producing excessive noises you can try using any of the following techniques in order to troubleshoot the problem;
- Check air filter and clean it if it is contaminated.
- If the muffler is clogged you need to clean it but if it is damaged you may need to replace it.
- If rods, pistons and bearings are loose you will need to get them tightened.
How To Avoid Honda EU10i Problems
In order to avoid Honda EU10i problems you need to regularly service and maintain your generators. This helps to ensure that problems get detected earlier. You should also avoid using your Honda EU10i when you suspect that it has a problem. This is because you may end up worsening the situation.
What Fuel Does Honda EU10i Use?
The Honda EU10i uses regular unleaded gasoline. Avoid using another type of fuel as you can end up damaging your generator.
What Is The Fuel Consumption Of Honda EU10i?
The fuel consumption of a Honda EU10i is approximately 0.58 liters per hour and the fuel tank capacity is 2.3 liters.
How many years will a Honda Generator Last?
A Honda generator can last you for 4 to 20 years depending on how well you keep it and how regularly you use it.
The Honda EU10i is a good generator to own, and while it may experience the problems stated in this article it is worth noting that you can easily resolve them. If you are thinking of purchasing this generator do not let this article discourage you from doing so.