It can be frustrating to have a refrigerator that is not working as it should, especially when you have perishable food items in it. Today we will be looking at the possible causes of your Samsung RS265TDRS fridge not cooling whether or not the light is on and some reasons why your refrigerator may have stopped cooling, things to check before fixing your fridge, troubleshooting/solving the problem with the refrigeration system, how to diagnose your Samsung RS265TDRS fridge not cooling problem and steps to fix your Samsung RS265TDRS fridge when it is not cooling.
Table of Contents
Why Your Samsung RS265TDRS Is Not Cooling In The First Place
One of the most common issues with refrigerators like the Samsung RS265TDRS, is when the fridge is not cooling but the light is on. This can happen due to a variety of reasons, including a malfunctioning thermostat, a clogged filter, or a problem with the compressor. The thermostat regulates the temperature inside the fridge, and if it is not functioning correctly, it can cause the fridge not to cool correctly as well. A clogged filter can prevent the air from circulating properly throughout the Samsung RS265TDRS fridge, leading to inadequate cooling. The compressor is responsible for compressing and circulating the refrigerant (this is the liquid substance that is responsible for primarily cooling the fridge), and if it is not working correctly, the fridge may not cool.
What You Can Do
- Firstly, check the compressor to ensure it is functioning correctly. You can do this by listening for any unusual noises or vibrations coming from the compressor (the compressor is responsible for making the humming noise you will hear coming from the Samsung RS265TDRS.) If it is not functioning correctly, you may need to replace it immediately. The compressor is the single most important component of the fridge.
- Secondly, check the evaporator fan to ensure it is functioning correctly. If it is not, it may need to be replaced.
- Be sure to regularly drain your filter, it is usually found at the back of your fridge. You have to do this at least once a week.
- Finally, check the refrigerant levels to ensure they are correct. If they are not, you may need to refill the refrigerant but for that, you will need some professional assistance.
Other Reasons Why Your Samsung RS265TDRS Refrigerator Stopped Cooling
There are several reasons why your refrigerator may have stopped cooling altogether. One of the most common reasons is a power outage or a tripped circuit breaker. If the fridge is not receiving power, it will not cool. But refrigerators like the Samsung RS265TDRS make audible humming sounds when they are on, so you may be able to dicern this right away. The condenser coil is responsible for releasing heat from the fridge, and if it is clogged, it cannot perform this function effectively.
What You Can Do
- Firstly, check to see if the fridge is receiving power. If not, check the power outlet and/ or circuit breaker.
- Secondly, check the thermostat and temperature sensor to ensure they are functioning correctly. If they are not, you may need to replace them.
- Thirdly, check the condenser coil for any clogs. You can do this by removing the back panel of the fridge and inspecting the coil. If it is clogged, you can clean it with a soft brush or vacuum.
- If you are not confident you can do this yourself, it is best to seek the help of a professional Samsung fridge technician, or your nearest Samsung dealer for further assistance.
How You Can Diagnose Your Samsung RS265TDRS Fridge Not Cooling Problem
- First you need to check the thermostat to see if it is functioning correctly. You can do this by turning the thermostat dial and listening for a clicking sound. If you hear the sound, the thermostat is functioning correctly.
- Second you also need to check the compressor to see if it is working correctly. You can do this by listening for any unusual noises or vibrations. If you hear any, the compressor may need to be replaced.
- Then finally you need to check the evaporator fan to see if it is functioning correctly. You can do this by opening the Samsung RS265TDRS fridge’s door and listening for the fan. If it is not working, it may need to be replaced.
More You Can Do To Help Solve The Issue of Your Samsung RS265TDRS Fridge Not Cooling
- Check the power supply to ensure the fridge is receiving power. You can do this by making sure there is no damage or there aren’t any breakages on the power cord of the Samsung RS265TDRS.
- Inspect the thermostat and temperature sensor to ensure they are functioning correctly. If they are damaged in any way they will need to be replaced, always seek the help of a professional when doing this.
- Check the condenser coil for any clogs and clean it if necessary. Do these checks on a week to week basis at least once.
- Check the compressor to see if it is working correctly. If it is working correctly it will make a consistent humming sound, but if it is not then you may hear some strange noises.
- Check the evaporator fan to ensure it is functioning correctly. It should be spinning along with the compressor’s humming.
Why You Should Seek Professional Help
If you have tried the above steps and your fridge is still not cooling, it may be time to call in a professional Samsung fridge technician. A professional appliance repair technician can diagnose and fix the problem correctly. Attempting to fix the problem yourself can lead to further damage to the fridge and may not solve the problem. To prevent fridge cooling problems, it is essential to perform regular maintenance on your fridge. This includes cleaning the condenser coil, checking the thermostat, and ensuring the fridge is receiving adequate power. It is also essential to avoid overloading the fridge and to keep the door closed as much as possible.
Your Samsung RS265TDRS fridge not cooling can be a frustrating problem to deal with. However, with the right knowledge and steps, you can diagnose and fix the problem (albeit with the help of a professional.) Always remember to check the power supply, thermostat, and condenser coil before attempting to fix the fridge not cooling problem. If you are unsure, call in a professional to diagnose and fix the problem correctly. With thus you can be sure that your Samsung RS265TDRS will be cooling your perishables for longer than you can imagine.