Samsung may be a leaded in the electronics and appliances space but the company has had quite a couple of mishaps along the way and the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR is no exception. That’s to say like many appliances made by the company, it is not immune to problems. In this we will be discussing the most common problems that the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator has, and hopefully how to solve each one of them.
Table of Contents
1. The Samsung RF28HMEDBSR Has A Lot of Temperature Issues
One of the most common problems that the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator faces is temperature issues. If your refrigerator is not cooling or preserving your food, it could be due to a number of reasons.
What You Can Do
- First and foremost, you should check the temperature setting on your refrigerator and ensure that it is set between 38°F and 42°F. If the temperature setting is correct.
- Then check the condenser coils at the back of the refrigerator to see if they are dirty. Dirty coils can restrict the airflow, causing the refrigerator to overheat and not cool properly. Clean the coils with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner.
- If the above solutions check the evaporator fan in the freezer compartment. The evaporator fan is responsible for circulating the air in the freezer and refrigerator compartments. If the fan is not working, it will cause the refrigerator to not cool properly. In this case, you will need to replace the evaporator fan motor.
2. Trouble With The Samsung RF28HMEDBSR’s Water Dispenser
Another problem with the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator is its water dispenser. If your water dispenser is not dispensing water or is dispensing slowly, it could be due to a number of reasons. Like a factory damaged/ badly made fridge or other underlying issues.
What You Can Do
- First check the water filter to see if it needs to be replaced. A clogged or dirty water filter can restrict the water flow, causing the dispenser to not work properly.
- Always replace the water filter every six months or as recommended by Samsung for the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR. You can find this information in the user manual.
- If the water filter is not the problem, check the water supply line to ensure that it is not kinked or damaged. A damaged water supply line can restrict the water flow, causing the dispenser to not work properly. If the water supply line is damaged, you will need to replace it.
3. Trouble With The Samsung RF28HMEDBSR’s Ice Maker
If your Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator’s ice maker is not making ice or is making small or misshapen ice cubes, which is common with the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR, then this can become quite frustrating pretty quickly.
What You Can Do
- You need to check the water supply line to ensure that it is not kinked or damaged. A damaged water supply line can restrict the water flow, causing the ice maker to not work properly. If the water supply line is damaged, you will need to replace it.
- If the water supply line is not the problem, check the water inlet valve to ensure that it is not clogged or damaged. A clogged or damaged water inlet valve can restrict the water flow, causing the ice maker to not work properly. If the water inlet valve is damaged, you will need to replace it. Incur the help and guidance of a professional Samsung technician for such a case.
4. The Samsung RF28HMEDBSR Has Bad Doors
Your Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator door may not close properly on occasion and depending on the quality of the build you get, you may be subjected to suffer. However the problem may not always be the quality of the fridge but the contents on the inside as well.
What You Can Do
- First check the gasket around the door to ensure that it is not dirty or damaged. Dirty or damaged gaskets can cause air leaks, which can affect the refrigerator’s efficiency. Clean the gasket with a soft damp cloth and replace it if it is damaged.
- If the gasket is not the problem, check the door alignment. A misaligned door can cause air leaks, affecting the refrigerator’s efficiency. Adjust the door hinges to align the door properly.
- And always make sure that you are not overloading your Samsung RF28HMEDBSR fridge to begin with. Otherwise you will be subject to this problem.
5. Samsung RF28HMEDBSR Might Not Turn On
If your Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator is not working at all, it could be due to electrical issues.
What You Can Do
- First you need to check the power cord to ensure that it is plugged in properly. If the power cord is plugged in properly, check the circuit breaker to ensure that it has not tripped. If the circuit breaker has tripped, reset it and check if the refrigerator is working. If the above solutions do not work, check the compressor relay to ensure that it is working properly. The compressor relay is responsible for powering the compressor, which is responsible for cooling the refrigerator. If the compressor relay is not working, you will need to replace it.
More You Can Do For Your Samsung RF28HMEDBSR
- Always first read and then occasionally check the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR’s user manual for troubleshooting tips and solutions.
- Clean the refrigerator regularly, including the condenser coils and gaskets.
- Replace the water filter every six months or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep the refrigerator filled but not too much. A full refrigerator is more efficient than an empty one.
- Check the temperature setting regularly and adjust it if necessary.
- Do not overload the refrigerator because overloading the refrigerator can affect its efficiency.
- Make sure to clean the refrigerator, including the condenser coils, to ensure that it is working efficiently.
- If any of the problems persist, then you have to replace the components that are causing the problem, such as the water filter, evaporator fan motor, water inlet valve, or compressor relay.
- If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, then you should always call a professional appliance repair technician.
The Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator is not so reliable and efficient as many other appliances on the market, and like any other appliance, it is not immune to problems. If you are experiencing problems with your Samsung RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator then you need to follow the troubleshooting tips and solutions in this article to fix them. Regular (amateur or professional) maintenance can also help to keep your refrigerator working efficiently and reliably. If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, call a professional Samsung repair technician.