Whirlpool makes several different types of top freezer refrigerators. The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW is one of their models. Whirlpool is actually deemed to be one of the most reliable household appliances brand. This means the Whirlpool WRT311FZDW is a good pick. We shall be looking at some of the common Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problems.
Table of Contents
What Is The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW?
The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW is a top freezer refrigerator. The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW has a width of 33 inches and a capacity of 20 cubic feet. The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator has frameless glass shelves. The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW also has humidity controlled crispers. These are some of the Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator’s features. It is necessary to have a look at some of the common Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problems.
Whirlpool WRT311FZDW Problems
Users of the Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator cite some problems here and there. This means you are bound to come across some Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problems. That is why you need to know them so as to avoid them or counteract them. Here are some of the common Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problems:
1. Erratic Production Of Ice
It is a norm to want to produce ice with your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator. A problem may occur where the Whirlpool WRT311FZDW does produce ice. Sometimes it may produce ice but it will be low quality. Possible causes of this problem are:
- Icemaker may be off
- Water line may be disconnected or clogged
- Water shut-off valve could be closed
- Water filter may be faulty or clogged
Troubleshooting Erratic Production Of Ice
This is a fairly common Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problem. You need to do some basic checks to get to the root cause. Some of the solutions to this problem are:
- Ensure icemaker is on
- Clean and or ensure water line is correctly connected to icemaker
- Ensure water shut-off valve is completely open
- Clean, fix, or replace water filter
2. Refrigerator Not Cooling
The refrigerator unit of your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW may not be cooling. This is yet another common Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator problem. There are possible causes to consider and here are some of them:
- Incorrect settings
- Air vents may be blocked
- Condenser coils could be dirty
Troubleshooting Refrigerator Not Cooling Problem
You must meticulously check for possible causes of the problem. At times it could simply be settings of your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator. They may simply need to be changed so always start with the obvious. Some of the remedies to this problem are:
- Adjust settings correctly
- Ensure there is nothing blocking the air vents
- Regularly clean the condenser coils
3. Water Dispenser Malfunctioning
There are some issues that develop with your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW’s water dispenser. For instance, the water dispenser may not dispense water at all. In other cases the water dispenser may be releasing water erratically. This water dispenser problem on your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator may be caused by:
- Faulty or clogged water filter
- Trapped air in water system
- Insufficient water pressure
Troubleshooting Water Dispenser Malfunctioning Problem
As always start by checking for the obvious. This may be things like leakages or physical damage. Then narrow down the possible causes by checking more. Some of the remedies to this Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problem are:
- Fix, clean, or replace water filter
- Flush the water system
- Plug any leakages or replace leaking components
- Ensure water pressure lies between 30 and 120 PSI
4. Motor Is Overworking
When your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator is running you may notice some anomalies with the motor. You may notice that the motor is overworking most of the time. That is a problem requiring attention and is often caused by the following:
- Location may have extreme temperatures
- Frequent opening of doors
- Incorrect temperature controls
Troubleshooting Motor Is Overworking Problem
The problem is usually easy to identify. What is important is to correctly diagnose it and figure out the root cause. Start off by considering location and usage dynamics. Then you can consider other probable areas. Then you can try out the following solutions:
- Place refrigerator where it is surrounded by optimum temperature
- Limit opening of doors and how long they are kept open
- Adjust the temperature controls correctly
5. Refrigerator Not Defrosting
This is yet another common Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problem. Defrosting is an important part of using the Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator. There may be times when it will not defrost. Some of the probable causes of the problem are:
- Defrost heater may be faulty or damaged
- Defrost thermostat could be damaged or faulty
- Defrost control board may be faulty or damaged
- Defrost timer may be damaged or faulty
Troubleshooting Refrigerator Not Defrosting Problem
When you notice defrosting becoming problematic you have to conduct some quick checks. These are checks that you will mainly make on the defrosting system. Thus figuring out the root cause should be fairly easy. Some of the solutions to this problem are:
- Fix or replace defrost heater
- Fix or replace thermostat
- Fix or replace defrost control board
- Fix or replace defrost timer
How To Avoid Whirlpool WRT311FZDW Problems
One of the cardinal principles is to familiarize yourself with your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW’s user manual. You will learn a lot about how to properly use and care for your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator. You must regularly inspect and clean your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW. You must not abuse it e.g. by overloading it. You must ensure your Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator is in an appropriate environment with good airflow. These aspects will avoid Whirlpool WRT311FZDW problems.
How Much Power Does A Whirlpool WRT311FZDW Use?
The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator uses 436 kWh per year.
What Is The Voltage Range Of A Whirlpool Refrigerator?
A Whirlpool refrigerator can efficiently operate in high fluctuation of voltages ranging from 130 to 300 volts. Plus, a Whirlpool refrigerator can typically operate without the need for a stabilizer.
The Whirlpool WRT311FZDW top freezer refrigerator is a good product. Stick to the user manual and you will be good. Regular checks and cleaning also help streamline your user experience.