If you are looking to buy a Ferris ISX3300 you have to be prepared for the problems you might encounter with it in the future. Below is a list of some of the common Ferris ISX 3300 problems and how you can solve them.
Table of Contents
What is Ferris ISX3300?
The Ferris ISX3300 is a quality built Ferris zero turn riding mower. It has a weight of approximately 1 717lbs and an 11 gallon tank. The Ferris ISX3300 has a Briggs and Stratton engine which is durable and very reliable. The Ferris ISX3300 is designed in such a way that it is able to cut through both wet and dry grass.
Ferris ISX3300 Problems
NB: Ferris ISX3300 lawn mowers are bought without any defects. The problems indicated below are as a result of wear and tear of the mower.
1. Starting problems
One of the most common problems with the Ferris ISX3300 is that the engine might not start. Unfortunately this is one of the hardest problems to solve because there are a number of issues which can cause the lawn mower not to start. Below is a list of some of the issues as well as problems.
- The parking brake might not be engaged therefore, you need to engage it for the engine to start.
- Electric clutch or PTO might be on and as a result you need to switch it off.
- The spark plug might be faulty or damaged and as a result you can either fix it or replace it.
- There might not be any fuel in the tank or the fuel might be old and stale and as a result you need to drain the fuel and install fresh fuel.
- The ground speed control levers might not be placed in neutral position and as a result you need to place them there.
- Battery terminals might be corroded and as a result you can either clean them or replace them.
2. Brake failure
This is also another common Ferris ISX3300 problem which is easy to solve. Here are some of the causes and solutions as to why you are experiencing break failures:
- The brake callipers might be worn out and as result you need to replace them with new ones.
- The brakes might not be adjusted properly and as you need to adjust them.
3. Problems engaging mower
The Ferris ISX3300 experiences problems in which the mower fails to engage and this can be a bit frustrating. Below is a list of some of the causes and solutions:
- The electric wiring of the lawn mower might be damaged and as a result you have to fix the damaged wire.
- The battery voltage might be very low therefore, you need to charge the battery and constantly check the alternator.
4. Engine does not run efficiently
Once you have been using the Ferris ISX3300 lawn mower, it’s very common for the engine to fun inefficiently mainly because of wear and tear of the mower. However, below are specific reasons and solutions to the problem:
- The spark plug might be damaged and as a result you need to fix it or to replace it with a new one.
- The air filter might be clogged and as you need to get rid of any dirt or debris that might be inside.
- The fuel mixture inserted into the engine might be too rich and you need to drain the fuel or clean the air filter.
5. Mower consumes too much oil
The Ferris ISX3300 has a problem of consuming large amounts of oil especially if it has been working for a number of years. These are some of the reasons and solutions to the problem:
- The oil you are putting in the crankcase might be the wrong one and as a result you need to check the manual first before pouring any type of oil.
- The engine might be overheating and as a result there is need to clean the blower screen, engine fins and the air filter.
6. Uneven cutting of grass
Another common Ferris ISX3300 problem is that it cuts grass unevenly and this can be frustrating. Let’s take a look at what the causes might be:
- The blades might be dull, worn out or damaged and as a result you need to either sharpen or to replace the blades.
- The deck of the mower might not be levelled and as a result you have to level the deck according to specifications.
- The blades might be angled wrongly and as a result you need to angle them properly.
7. Excessive vibrations
The Ferris ISX3300 is made using mechanisms that cause it to vibrate however, excessive vibrations are a sign that something is wrong. Below is a list of some of the common causes and solutions.
- The bolts and blade might be lose and as a result you need to tighten them.
- The blades might not be correctly angled and as a result you need to angle them correctly.
8. Problems in raising the mower
This is a common Ferris ISX3300 problem which can be hard to solve and it’s caused by the following reason:
- The lifting linkages may not be properly installed or they may be damaged. Therefore, there is need for you to install the lifting linkages or replace them completely.
How do I know if my lawn mower carburetor is bad?
Knowing if the carburetor of your engine is bad can be very easy, firstly the engine of your lawn mower will be faulty meaning it can either drag when starting or completely refuse to start. Secondly if the carburetor has any damages on it then that means it’s bad and needs to be replaced.
Why is my lawn mower turning over but not starting?
The most prominent reason as to why your lawn mower might be turning over but not starting is because of bad gas or stale gas. Therefore, you need to drain the gas and put fresh gas so that the lawn mower can start. If this fails you may have to seek assistance from a qualified repairer.
Although the Ferris ISX3300 may develop problems over time, it’s still a reputable and good lawn mower to buy. Also remember that, for a lawn more to last longer, you need to maintain it regularly.