When using the Xiaomi vacuum, it is normal for the battery to drain during use. However if the battery runs flat quickly or stops working, it may be time to do something about it. In this article we’ll be looking at ways of dealing with Xiaomi vacuum battery problems. So if you’re having trouble with your Xiaomi vacuum’s battery then read on to get help on how to get your Xiaomi Vacuum back up and running in no time.
Table of Contents
What Is A Xiaomi Vacuum?
The Xiaomi vacuum is a robotic vacuum cleaner, also referred to as an automated or robotic vacuum, that helps you clean your home with minimal effort. It is capable of navigating around obstacles and furniture, detecting areas that need extra cleaning and even switching from hard surfaces to carpets. The Xiaomi robotic vacuum’s battery powers it while it autonomously cleans your home.
Xiaomi Vacuum Battery Problems
1. Battery Not Charging Properly Problem
If you notice your Xiaomi vacuum’s battery not charging properly then it could be the result of a few different issues like;
- A faulty or loose charging cable
- Debris or dirt buildup
- A faulty battery
Troubleshooting The Battery Not Charging Problem
- Check the USB adapter and cable. Make sure they are both securely connected and free of any damage.
- Make sure that there is no debris blocking the charging port as this can cause connection issues.
- If your battery is removable then try a different battery in the vacuum and if that works, then it could be an issue with the original battery.
- If none of these solutions solve the problem then make sure to contact Xiaomi’s customer service for help.
2. Short Battery Life Issue
If you’re having trouble with your Xiaomi vacuum’s battery life or it needs to be replaced often there are several potential causes like;
- Overcharging the battery
- The battery has reached it’s limit
- Lack of maintenance
Troubleshooting The Short Battery Life Issue
- You should never overcharge your vacuum’s battery, as it puts strain on the battery and decreases its lifespan. For optimal performance you’ll want to make sure that the battery is charged for no more than 8 hours at a time.
- It’s possible that the battery itself has reached its natural lifespan and needs to be replaced. Depending on how often you use it a Xiaomi vacuum battery will last up to two years.
- You can also extend the life of your battery by regularly cleaning the filters and replacing them when necessary.
3. Battery Draining Quickly Problem
If your Xiaomi vacuum battery is draining quickly after a full charge, there could be a few reasons why like;
- Clogged-up filters
- Out of date software
Troubleshooting The Battery Draining Quickly Problem
- If the filters are clogged or too dirty then it will stop or restrict airflow and make your vacuum work harder. This leads to more strain on the battery resulting in quicker draining therefore you need to clean or replace any clogged filters when this happens.
- Make sure you regularly check for firmware updates and install them as they become available.
- Verify that everything is properly connected when charging your Xiaomi vacuum . If that doesn’t help then try replacing the charging cable with a new one.
4. Battery Bulging Problem
If your Xiaomi Vacuum’s battery is bulging or is otherwise damaged then it may be time to replace it. With proper maintenance and regular use Xiaomi vacuum batteries typically last around 4-5 years, with some lasting up to 8 years.
Troubleshooting The Battery Bulging Problem
- Power off the Xiaomi vacuum and unplug it from the wall.
- Remove the plastic casing to access the battery compartment.
- Carefully remove the bulging or damaged battery and replace it with a new one.
- Ensure all connections are properly attached and secure before powering on the vacuum again.
5. Battery Heating Up Issue
If your Xiaomi vacuum’s battery is heating up when charging or operating then you are probably using it in a very hot environment and this can cause damage to the vacuum’s battery.
Troubleshooting The Battery Heating Up Issue
- Be sure to charge and operate or turn on the Xiaomi vacuum in a room with a temperature range of about 5°C to 40°C because anything below or above that can cause serious damage to the Xiaomi vacuum’s battery.
How To Prevent Problems With The Xiaomi Vacuum’s Battery
- Ensure the power on/off switch of your Xiaomi vacuum is turned on properly.
- Check that the charging cable is plugged into an active power source before attempting to charge your device.
- Make sure that all debris has been removed from the filter and dustbin areas of your device.
- Regularly cleaning the brushroll can also extend the life of your Xiaomi vacuum’s battery by reducing strain on the motor.
- If necessary, try giving your Xiaomi vacuum’s battery connectors a thorough cleaning with compressed air.
- Consult manuals or online articles for tips on how to maximize battery life and performance for your particular model of Xiaomi vacuum. Or visit the company’s website.
How Long Do Xiaomi Vacuum Batteries Last?
The battery life of a Xiaomi vacuum can vary depending on the model, but typically range between 40 and 100 minutes of running time. This is dependent on the floor surface, whether there are any obstacles present and the power setting used to clean your home.
What Is The Best Way To Take Care Of A Xiaomi Vacuum Battery?
The best way to take care of a Xiaomi vacuum battery is to ensure that it is fully charged between each use, as Lithium-Ion batteries enjoy regular charging rather than being fully discharged before recharging.
If your Xiaomi vacuum battery appears to be on the last life line then the first step is to narrow the cause down to an issue of the battery itself or the charging station. Making sure your vacuum is in the right spot and its connections are clean can resolve the problem. If not then replacements are available for both the battery and charging station. Remember to always be cautious when handling electrical components and follow Xiaomi’s instructions. Keep the above tips in mind and your Xiaomi vacuum will continue to clean your home with ease.