The Dreame T20 is a popular cordless vacuum that has gained a lot of attention due to its powerful suction and versatile cleaning capabilities to the point where many homeowners are choosing this device to keep their homes clean and tidy. However like any device the Dreame T20 can experience problems. Don’t worry, in this article we’ll be looking at the most common problems that Dreame T20 owners face and provide solutions to help you get your cordless vacuum back to working order.
Table of Contents
What Is The Dreame T20?
The Dreame T20 is a cordless vacuum cleaner that is designed to make cleaning your home easier and more efficient. It comes with a powerful digital motor that can generate up to 150AW suction power making it capable of picking up even the finest dust particles and debris. The Dreame T20 is also equipped with several attachments that allow you to clean different surfaces like carpets, hardwood floors, and upholstery.
Dreame T20 Problems
1. Battery Not Charging Or Draining Problem
A common issue with the Dreame T20 cordless vacuum is a battery that doesn’t charge or drains quickly. This can be frustrating as it can limit the amount of time you have to clean your home. If you’re experiencing this issue then it is because of;
- A misaligned battery
- A damaged or worn-out charging cable
- A clogged charging port
Troubleshooting The Battery Not Charging Or Draining Problem
- First make sure that the battery is properly inserted into the vacuum. If it’s not then you have to remove the battery and reinsert it.
- Check the charging cable to make sure it’s not damaged or frayed. If it is and then replace the cable.
- Also check the charging port on the vacuum to make sure it’s not clogged with dirt or debris. If it is then clean it with a soft brush or cloth.
2. Brush Roll Not Spinning Problem
If the brush roll on your Dreame T20 isn’t spinning, it can make cleaning your carpets any upholstery or other surfaces more challenging. There are several reasons why the brush roll may not be spinning like;
- Too much debris on the brush
- Damaged brush belt
- Turned off brush roll
Troubleshooting The Brush Roll Not Spinning Problem
- First check the brush roll to see if it’s tangled with hair or debris. If it is then you have to remove the brush roll and clean it thoroughly.
- Also check the belt that drives the brush roll to make sure it’s not damaged or broken. If it is, replace the belt.
- Lastly check the brush roll switch to make sure it’s not turned off.
3. Dustbin Not Closing Properly Issue
If the dustbin on your Dreame T20 isn’t closing properly it can cause dirt and debris to spill out thus making a mess. There are several reasons why the dustbin may not be closing properly like;
- A full dustbin
- A broken dustbin latch
- Misalignment dustbin
Troubleshooting The Dustbin Not Closing Properly Issue
- First check the dustbin to see if it’s empty. If it’s not the you have to empty the dustbin and try again.
- Also heck the latch on the dustbin to make sure it’s not damaged or broken. If it is the you have to replace the latch.
- Check the dustbin to make sure it’s properly aligned with the vacuum. If it’s not then realign the dustbin and try closing it again.
4. Attachments Not Staying On Problem
If the attachments that come with the Dreame T20, like the brush or suction nozzle, etc are not staying on the cordless vacuum properly then you may not be able to finish vacuuming properly. A reason as to why this may be happening is;
- A broken attachment latch
- Debris accumulation
Troubleshooting The Attachments Not Staying On Problem
- Check to see whether or not the attachment latch is broken because if it is then you will have to get a brand new replacement attachment.
- Be sure to always clean the entire Dreame T20 cordless vacuum after using it to avoid debris accumulation on delicate parts.
5. Low Suction Power Issue
The filter on your Dreame T20 plays a crucial role in maintaining suction power and keeping your home free of dust and debris. If the filter is clogged, it can cause low suction power and reduce the efficiency of the vacuum.
Troubleshooting The Low Suction Power Issue
- First you need to remove the filter from the vacuum and tap it gently to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- If the filter is still dirty then wash it with water and let it dry completely before reinstalling it.
- Also check the filter to see if it’s damaged or torn. If it is then you have to replace the filter with a new one.
How To Prevent Problems With The Dreame T20
- Make sure the Dreame T20 cordless vacuum is charged fully before using it.
- Clean the cordless vacuum regularly to prevent dirt and debris from clogging the filter and other parts.
- Also be sure to clean the brush and other attachments immediately after using them.
- Be sure to store your cordless vacuum in a cool dry place to avoid any corrosive damage.
- Always check the user manual first or for any additional troubleshooting tips and advice.
How Long Does The Battery Last On The Dreame T20?
The battery on the Dreame T20 can last up to 70 minutes on a single charge but largely depending on the suction power setting and the attachments being used.
Can I Wash The Filter On The Dreame T20?
Yes the filter on the Dreame T20 can be washed with water and detergent. However you need to make sure to let it dry completely before reinstalling it into the cordless vacuum.
The Dreame T20 is an efficient cordless vacuum that can make cleaning your home a fairly simple task. However like any appliance it can experience problems. However if you’re experiencing issues with your Dreame T20 then you don’t need to worry, this article has got you covered. By following the troubleshooting step in this article, you can get your Dreame T20 cordless vacuum back to sucking up dirt in no time. Remember to clean and maintain your vacuum regularly to prevent problems down the line and keep your home clean and tidy.