Every vacuum cleaner has its problems and the Dyson V11 is no exception. Below we look at some of the most common Dyson V11 problems and how you can easily resolve them at home.
Table of Contents
What Is Dyson V11?
The Dyson V11 is a cordless vacuum cleaner that comes with a digital motor bar clean head that sucks up long hair and pet hair faster than most vacuum cleaners. The Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner comes with three power modes which are eco mode, auto mode and boost mode. This vacuum cleaner is also very easy to charge and empty.
Dyson V11 Problems
1. Starting Problems
The Dyson V11 can sometimes experience starting problems and this problems happens when any of the following things occur;
- Battery may be worn out.
- Fuse may be blown out.
- Filter may be blocked.
- The charger may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If you are experiencing starting problems with your Dyson V11 you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problems;
- Check the condition of your battery and replace it if it is worn out.
- Replace fuse if it is blown out.
- Change the filter if it is blocked.
- Check charger and ensure it is functioning correctly.
2. Blocked Airway
The airway of a Dyson V11 can sometimes get blocked and this problem usually happens when the following occur;
- You may have failed to empty the dustbin in time.
- The filters may be dirty.
- You may he vacuuming dirt that is too large.
- There might be worn out parts on your vacuum cleaner.
Troubleshooting Blocked Airway Problem
If the airway of your Dyson V11 is blocked you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Always empty the dustbin of your vacuum cleaner after every use.
- Regularly check filters and remove any dirt or debris that may be trapped inside.
- If you are vacuuming large dirt particles you should try and reduce the suction power.
- Check if there are worn out parts on your vacuum cleaner and try to replace them.
3. Red Light
The Dyson V11 can sometimes indicate a red light. This usually shows that there is something wrong with the battery of your vacuum cleaner. The following is usually the correct reason as to why your Dyson V11 may indicate a red light.
- The battery may be defective.
- Battery not connected properly into the vacuum cleaner.
Troubleshooting Red Light Problem
If your Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner indicates a red light you should try the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Check if the battery is connected properly into the vacuum cleaner.
- If battery is defective you need to replace it with a new one.
4. Bin Release Stuck
The bin release of your Dyson V11 can sometimes get stuck. This problem happens because of the following;
- Release button may not be fully engaged.
- Release lever may be stuck.
Troubleshooting Bin Release Stuck Problem
If the bin release of your Dyson V11 is stuck you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Check and ensure that the bin release but is fully engaged.
- If the release lever is stuck you need to shift it slightly to the opposite direction and then try opening the bin release again.
5. Suction Failure
The Dyson V11 can sometimes lack suction and this usually haooens when any if the following things occur;
- The suction nozzle may not be properly connected.
- The airway may be blocked.
- The filters may be dirty or worn out.
Troubleshooting Suction Failure Problem
When your Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner does not have any suction you can try the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Check and ensure that the suction nozzle is connected properly onto the vacuum cleaner.
- Check airway and remove any dirt or debris that may be trapped inside.
- Clean and replace any dirty or worn out filters.
6. Dyson Produces Smell
Your Dyson V12 vacuum cleaner may start producing a smell whilst you are using it. Below are some of the reasons as to why this usually happens;
- The filters may be dirty or worn out.
- You may be vacuuming sticky dirty.
- You may have forgotten to empty the bin.
Troubleshooting Dyson Produces Smell Problem
If your Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner starts producing a bad smell you should do the following in order to resolve the issue;
- Clean filters if they are dirty or worn out.
- If you are vacuuming sticky dirt make sure you empty or clean the vacuum cleaner afterward.
- Try to empty the bin.
How To Prevent Dyson V11 Problems
The best way to prevent Dyson V11 problems is to clean the Dyson filters regularly. This helps to ensure that they are always clean and do not get blocked. You should also make it a habit of replacing Dyson V11 filters once they are worn out. You should also keep the Dyson V11 clean by removing any dirt or hair from the brushes. Always ensure that the battery of your Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner is charged. Avoid using the Dyson V11 for prolonged periods of time as this may cause it to start facing problems.
Why Does My Dyson V11 Keep Stopping?
Your Dyson V11 may keep stopping if the filters are blocked or the battery is not fully charged. An unemptied or full bin can also cause the Dyson V11 to stop working. Therefore, always empty the bin as soon as it is full.
How Many Years Does The Dyson V11 Battery Last?
The battery of a Dyson V11 can last you for approximately 4 years. This shows that this vacuum cleaner has a longer battery life when compared to other vacuum cleaners.
The Dyson V11 may seem like a problematic vacuum cleaner but that is not even the case. The problems indicated in this article are usually influenced by wear and tear or human error and they can also be easily resolved. If you are thinking of purchasing the Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner do not let this article derail you from doing so.