Ryobi makes some of the best crown staplers on the market, which is why it can be difficult to settle for a particular model. In this article we are going to be comparing 2 of the most popular Ryobi crown staplers which are the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360. By the end of this article you will be able to decide which crown stapler suits your needs.
Table of Contents
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Comparison Table
|Ryobi P317||Ryobi P360|
|Weight||3.47 pounds||5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.47 x 8.04 x 3.51 inches||3.54 x 12 x 10 inches|
|Battery Compatibility||P108 4.0 AH Lithium||Lithium P108, P101, P103, P102, P104|
|Design||Cordless Unit||Cordless Unit|
|Staples Per Charge||5 500||1 500|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Design
One of the main difference between the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 is that they are designed differently. When it comes to weight, the Ryobi P317 is more portable since it weighs 3.47 pounds whereas the Ryobi P360 weighs 5 pounds. So if you are looking for something that is not too heavy, you are better off purchasing the Ryobi P317.
In terms of product dimensions, the Ryobi P317 has shorter dimensions which measure 8.47 x 8.04 x 3.51 inches whereas the Ryobi P360 has longer dimensions that measure 3.54 x 12 x 10 inches. This means that if you are looking for something that is portable, it is better to settle for the Ryobi P317.
The Ryobi P360 is designed with a dry fire prevention feature. This feature prevents you from firing a blank staple. This feature is not available on the Ryobi P317. So if you are looking for something that is a bit sophisticated, you can always opt for the Ryobi P360 crown staple.
The Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 are both cordless crown staples. This means that you do not need an air compressor or other extensions to have the machine running. So if you are looking for something that will make your life easier you are better off using any of these cordless crown staplers.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Price
The Ryobi P317 is cheaper than the Ryobi P360. The Ryobi P317 usually costs about $75 whereas the Ryobi P360 costs $189. So if you are trying to save money, you are better of purchasing the Ryobi P317, it is still a good crown stapler to own.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Battery Compatibility
The Ryobi P360 is compatible with most Ryobi lithium ion batteries like the P108, P101, P102, P104 and P105 and P107. On the other hand, the Ryobi P317 is only compatible with the Ryobi P108 lithium ion batteries. Taking this factor into consideration, it may be better for you to purchase the Ryobi P360 since it can be powered using a wide range of batteries unlike the Ryobi P317.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Staples Per Charge
The Ryobi P317 has a run time of 5 500 staples per charge whereas the Ryobi P360 only has 1 500. Therefore, if you are looking for something that will give you more staples per every charge, you are better off choosing the Ryobi P317 crown staple. Furthermore, the Ryobi P317 will help you to get the job done faster.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Display
The Ryobi P360 has a built in LED lighting that activates from the handle. This means that you are able to see were you are stapling when you are in low light environments. This feature is not available on the Ryobi P317, so if you know that you usually work in areas that have low light, you are better off purchasing the Ryobi P360.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Features
The Ryobi P360 has sophisticated features like dry fire lockout and the no bump fire mode. These features are not available on the Ryobi P317. The dry fire lockout feature ensures that your crown stapler does not fire blank staples on whatever you are working on. The no bump fire mode prevents the stapler from inserting bumps on the area you are working on. So if you are looking for a crown stapler that has sophisticated features, you are better off purchasing the Ryobi P360 crown machine.
Ryobi P317: Pros
- One of the advantages of having a Ryobi P317 is that it is very cheap as compared to the Ryobi P360. So if you are running on a budget, it’s better to purchase the Ryobi P317 since it also does a good job.
- The Ryobi P317 has good runtime and can staple 5 500 staples per charge.
- Another pro of having the Ryobi P317 is that it is a cordless crown stapler which makes it portable and very easy to use.
- The Ryobi P317 has instant firing and no delay like other staplers.
Ryobi P317: Cons
- One of the disadvantages of having a Ryobi P317 is that it does not have a dry fire lockout feature which prevents the stapler from firing blank staples.
- The Ryobi P317 is only compatible with Ryobi P108 lithium ion batteries whereas, the Ryobi P360 is compatible with almost all Ryobi lithium batteries.
- Another disadvantage of purchasing the Ryobi P317 crown stapler is that it does not have a LED light which you can use when working in areas that have low light.
Ryobi P360: Pros
- One of the advantages of purchasing the Ryobi P360 is that it has a dry fire prevention feature or a dry fire lockout feature. This feature prevents the P360 from firing blank staples.
- The Ryobi P360 has an LED lighting which makes it easier to see surfaces when you are working in low light areas.
- Another advantage of purchasing the Ryobi P360 is that it is compatible with a number of Ryobi lithium ion batteries.
- The Ryobi P360 is a cordless stapler and is very easy to use.
Ryobi P360: Cons
- One of the cons of buying a Ryobi P360 is that it is very expensive when compared to the Ryobi P317.
- Another downside of owning the Ryobi P360 is that it only produces 1500 staples per charge whereas the Ryobi P317 produces 5500 staples per charge.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Similarities
- One of the similarities between the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 is that both of these machines are cordless crown staplers. This means that they are very portable.
- The Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 can all be powered by the Ryobi P108 lithium ion battery.
- Both crown staplers have 18V.
- Both crown staplers are produced by the same company.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Differences
- The Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 have different features. For example, the Ryobi P317 will give you a runtime of 5500 staples per charge whereas the Ryobi P360 will give you 1500 staples per charge.
- Another noticeable difference is that the Ryobi P317 is more portable as compared to the Ryobi P360.
- The Ryobi P360 as a dry fire lockout feature whereas the Ryobi P317 does not.
- The Ryobi P360 and the Ryobi P317 have different prices.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Between Ryobi P317 and Ryobi P360
When you are trying to figure out which crown staple to choose between the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Below we discuss some of those factors;
- Price- you should always consider the amount of money you are willing to spend on a stapler before purchasing one. If you are someone who is always running on a budget, you are better off choosing the cheaper crown stapler.
- Features- you should also decide beforehand what kind of features you want your crown stapler to have. This helps to ensure that you do not lose focus or end up spending too much money on something you do not need.
- Design- before you purchase a crown stapler it is very important that you consider the design. If you want something that is light and not too heavy then choose that particular stapler or else you could end up with something you do not love or cannot use.
- Battery Compatibility- before you settle on a specific model, always research which batteries it is most compatible with so that you have an idea of which batteries to purchase in the future should you need to replace them.
- Size- when deciding on which crown stapler to choose between the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360, you need to consider the size. Choose a crown stapler that you will be able to carry or handle.
- Long term goals- consider what your long term goals with the crown stapler are so that you pick a tool that will be able to benefit you in the future.
Ryobi P317 Vs P360: Verdict
Choosing which crown stapler to take home between the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 can be a daunting task. If you decide on purchasing the Ryobi P317 it means that you will be getting yourself a cheap crown cordless stapler that has a runtime of 5500 staplers per charge which is greater than that of a Ryobi P360. So when it comes to efficiency, this stapler will definitely produce good results for you. However, the only downside is that it doesn’t have a dry fire lockout feature which prevents the stapler from firing blank staples.
If you decide of purchasing the Ryobi P317 it means that you will be getting yourself a crown stapler that has an LED light that can be used when working in low lit areas. You will also get the dry fire lockout feature that is not available on the Ryobi P317. However, if you choose to settle for the Ryobi P360, you need to be prepared to part with a lot of money since it is a bit on the expensive side.
Taking all factors into consideration, you might be better off spending more money on the Ryobi P360 since you are guaranteed to get value for your money. This crown stapler has a dry backfire lockout and LED lighting. It is also very durable and is compatible with a variety of Ryobi lithium ion batteries so you do not have to worry about searching for specific batteries for this machine.
Does Ryobi Airstrike Shoot Staples?
Yes, the Ryobi Airstrike can be used to shoot staples. It is a crown stapler that has a dry fire lockout and low nail indicator. This stapler also as bump and sequential fire modes. It is a good cordless stapler which you may consider buying.
What Is The Difference Between Stapler And Crown Stapler?
The difference between a crown stapler and a stapler is that a crown stapler is mainly used for fastening building materials whereas, a stapler in general can be used on cables or wire without penetrating inside. There are also paper staples. So if you want a stapler that is used on building materials you can always refer to it as a crown stapler.
Does Staple Size Matter?
Yes, staple size matters. This is because if you put the wrong staples in a crown stapler it will not function. Furthermore, if you use wrong staples, you will end up creating substandard things. Therefore, it is very important to always assess which staple size you need before buying.
Do Staples Hold Better Than Nails?
This actually depends on what exactly you are trying to construct however, in some instances staples might holder better and give your project a nice look which nails might face to give.
There are many brands of crown staplers that you will find on the market however, the Ryobi P317 and the Ryobi P360 are among the best. When deciding which crown stapler to pick between the 2, it is important to put all the factors highlighted above into consideration. Always choose a crown stapler that meets your needs and will definitely benefit you in the future. We have recommended the Ryobi P360 since it has sophisticated features that can definitely benefit you in the future.