Finding the perfect steam iron can be a bit more complicated than you think. In this article we are going to be discussing about 2 great irons, the Rowenta DW9280 and the Rowenta DW8080. We will compare these 2 irons and then decide which one is worth having. So if you want to learn more about these irons checkout the article below.
Table of Contents
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Comparison Table
|Rowenta DW9280||Rowenta DW8080|
|Product Dimensions||11.4 x 4.9 x 6 inches||12.6 x 5.7 x 7.08 inches|
|Weight||3.85 pounds||3.5 pounds|
|Watts Of Power||1 800 watts||1700 watts|
|Water Tank Size||10.8 oz.||12.68 oz.|
|Price||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Amazon|
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Design
The Design of a Rowenta DW9280 is different from that of a Rowenta DW8080. For starters, the Rowenta DW8080 has longer dimensions that measure 12.6 x 5.7 x 7.08 inches whereas that of a Rowenta DW9280 measure 11.4 x 4.9 x 6 inches. These 2 irons also differ when it comes to weight, the Rowenta DW9280 weighs 3.85 pounds whereas the Rowenta 8080 weighs 3.5 pounds. So if the weight and dimensions of an iron really influence your decision, you can choose any of the 2 sewing machines since their difference in weight is a bit insignificant if you come to think of it.
The Rowenta DW9280 has a variable steam setting, something which is not found on the Rowenta DW8080. The variable steam setting helps to regulate the amount of steam produced by your iron. The Rowenta DW9280 also has an integrated electronic steam pump that delivers about 210g of powerful bursts of steam. This feature is also available on the Rowenta DW8080 however, it is only able to produce 150g of steam burst. So if you are looking for steam iron that produces or delivers a greater proportion of steam, you are better of purchasing the Rowenta DW9280.
The Rowenta DW9280 has an LED ready indicator whereas the Rowenta DW8080 does not have this design. So if you are basically looking for a steam iron that has a sophisticated design which will probably benefit you in the long run, you can as well opt to buy the Rowenta DW9280 steam iron.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Price
In terms of pricing, the Rowenta DW9280 is more expensive as it usually goes for $149 whereas the Rowenta DW8080 usually goes for $89. If you are running on a budget, you may need to purchase the Rowenta DW8080, but if money is not a problem, you can always go for the Rowenta DW9280 since it has a more sophisticated design.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Features
The Rowenta DW9280 has an LED temperature display and 30% more steam power as compared to other Rowenta steam irons. On the other hand, the Rowenta DW8080 does not have any of these features. So if you are looking to buy a steam iron that as more steaming power, it’s better to opt for the Rowenta DW9280 steam iron.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Watts Of Power
The Rowenta DW9280 has more watts of power as compared to the Rowenta DW8080. The Rowenta DW9280h has 1800 watts whereas the Rowenta DW8080 has 1700 watts. If you are considering on purchasing a steam iron that produces more watts you can always opt for the Rowenta DW9280. However, it is worth noting that an iron which produces 1700 watts is still a decent option.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Water Tank Size
The Rowenta DW8080 has a tank size of 12.68 oz., whereas the Rowenta DW9280 has a tank size of 10.8 oz. Taking this factor into consideration, it might be wiser to purchase an iron that has a bigger tank size, since you won’t have to constantly replenish the water if you have a lot of ironing to do.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Similarities
Judging from the above discussion, you might be quick to conclude that these 2 steaming irons have nothing in common. However, this is not the case. Below are some of the features or things that you will find on both irons.
- The Rowenta DW9280 and the Rowenta DW8080 both have 400 micro-steam holes that help to make the steaming process easier when you are ironing.
- Both irons have a 3 way auto safety shut-off.
- The Rowenta DW9280 and the Rowenta DW8080 have an anti-drip system that prevents water from leaking after you have placed it in the water tank.
- The Rowenta DW8080 and the Rowenta DW9280 both have a vertical steam option that enables you to steam curtains, furniture, clothes and other things.
- The Rowenta DW9280 and the Rowenta DW8080 both have an anti-calcium system.
- Both steam irons have a stainless steel soleplate.
If any of the above features are what you look for in a steam iron, you are better off saving money and purchasing the Rowenta DW8080 since it is much cheaper than the Rowenta DW9280.
Rowenta DW9280: Pros
- One of the advantages of purchasing the Rowenta DW9280 is that it produces 30% more steam power than the Rowenta DW8080.
- The Rowenta DW9280 has a temperature display whereas this feature is not available on the Rowenta DW8080.
- Rowenta DW9280 has more watts of power when compared to the Rowenta DW8080.
- The Rowenta DW9280 steam iron produces 210 of steam burst which is far greater than what a Rowenta DW8080 steam iron produces.
Rowenta DW9280: Cons
- One of the main disadvantages of purchasing a Rowenta DW9280 is that it is very expensive when compared to the price of other steam irons.
- The Rowenta DW9289 steam iron has a smaller water tank as compared to the one found on a Rowenta DW8080.
Rowenta DW8080: Pros
- One of the advantages of purchasing a Rowenta DW8080 is that it is cheaper in price when compared to the Rowenta DW9280.
- The Rowenta DW8080 has a bigger water tank as compared to the one found on a Rowenta DW9280.
- Whilst the Rowenta DW8080 is cheaper than the Rowenta DW9280, you still find sophisticated features on this iron for example it as an anti-calcium system, auto-off, stainless steel soleplate and a vertical steam feature.
Rowenta DW8080: Cons
- One of the disadvantages of purchasing a Rowenta DW8080 is that it doesn’t have an LED ready indicator and a temperature display like what the Rowenta DW9280 has.
- The Rowenta DW8080 has less watts of power when compared to the Rowenta DW9280.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Between Rowenta DW9280 And DW8080
When trying to choose between the Rowenta DW9280 and the Rowenta DW8080, there are a few factors that you need to take into consideration. Below we discuss the factors in detail.
- Price- consider what your budget is and try to stick to it. Don’t try to purchase a steam iron that is way out of your price range as you may end up regretting it.
- Key features- identify which key features you would want your steam iron to have. It doesn’t make sense for you to buy a sophisticated steam iron, whose features or functions you will never use.
- Durability or reliability- before purchasing a steam iron, it is important that you research about its durability or reliability. This will helps to ensure that you do not spend all your money on a defective steam iron.
- Size- identify whether you want a big or small iron so that when purchasing an iron, you pick out one that goes and in and with your preferences.
- Watts of power- you should also consider how many watts of power you want your steam iron to have. You can do a bit of research and then decide on a range.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW8080: Verdict
Choosing the right steam iron that caters for your needs can prove to be a complicated task. However, at the end of the day you still need to make a decision. If you decide on purchasing the Rowenta DW9280, it means you will have to part with a lot of money from your pocket however, you will get incredible features like an LED temperature display, 30% more steam power and all the other features found on a Rowenta DW8080.
If you decide to settle for a Rowenta DW8080 steam iron, you will get an iron that has a vertical steam feature, 1700 watts, a stainless steel soleplate and an anti-calcium feature. The Rowenta DW8080 steam iron is also very cheap, so you would have gotten yourself a bargain when you compare it to the price of a Rowenta DW9280.
Regardless of which steam iron you choose between the Rowenta DW9280 and the Rowenta DW8080, each iron has its own advantages and drawbacks which you will definitely sense. However, we would recommend that you purchase the Rowenta DW9280, should the funds permit you. This is mainly because, this steam iron has so many sophisticated features and you will definitely be getting value for your money. With the Rowenta DW8080, you will miss out so many incredible features however, you will still be able to iron your clothes and utilize basic features.
What Is The Best Rowenta Iron To Purchase?
The best Rowenta iron for you will actually have to depend on what exactly you would look for in an iron. However, some people would recommend the Rowenta DW9280 as the best Rowenta iron to purchase. This is mainly because it has more sophisticated features that are not found on other models. For example, the Rowenta DW9280 has more watts of power as compared to other irons. It also has an LED temperature display. The Rowenta DW9280 also has 30% more steaming power as compared to other steam irons.
Is Rowenta Iron Worth It?
Yes, Rowenta irons are definitely worth it. This is mainly because they are very durable and will do a great job in removing wrinkles from your clothes. Rowenta has different models of irons so you can always do a bit of research on some of the models that they have before settling for a specific one.
Is Rowenta Still Made In Germany?
Yes, Rowenta irons are still made in Germany. They are then exported to other countries like the U.S.
Can You Fix A Rowenta Iron?
Yes, you can fix a Rowenta iron and the best way to do this, is to take it to an authorized repairer and have it checked out. If you try to do DIY repairs, you may end up worsening the situation.
Why Is My Rowenta Iron Not Getting Hot Enough?
Your Rowenta iron might not be getting hot enough because the plug is not connected into the power outlet. So you will have to double check and ensure that it is connected and turned on. Another reason why your Rowenta iron might not be getting hot enough is because the temperature is set to low and you may need to adjust it. Lastly, check if there are any cracks or bents on connections.
Can A Steam Iron Be Repaired?
Yes, a steam iron can definitely be repaired. All you have to do is to take it to an authorized repairer. If the steam iron is damaged beyond control, they will definitely notify you.
Is Rowenta A Good Brand?
Yes, Rowenta is a good brand. It is actually a Germany brand and they make quality products. So if you see any product from Rowenta, just know that it is a quality thing.
Which Rowenta Iron Is Best For Wrinkles?
The Rowenta DW9280 is the best iron for wrinkles. This is because it has special features that are designed to tackle the toughest wrinkles. So if you want a good iron for your house, you definitely need to consider getting yourself the Rowenta DW9280.
Deciding between the Rowenta DW9280 and DW8080 can be a tough decision however, it is our hope that this article will help you to make the best decisions. Remember to always choose a steam iron that goes hand in hand with your budget and will also benefit you in the future.