JCB has a number of machines that it produces some of which include tractors, excavators, teleskids and backhoe loaders. Most of the machines produced by this company are very durable however, this does not mean they do not experience any problems during their lifetime. In this article we will focus specifically on the JCB backhoe loader specifically the 1CXT and some of the problems it usually faces.
Table of Contents
What Is JCB 1CXT?
The JCB 1CXT is a versatile backhoe loader that has can be used for carrying materials or excavating. This machine is powered by a 49hp engine. This machine is not very heavy and because of that it is easy to operate and can be towed in the event that it malfunctions. The JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is very reliable so you should definitely consider getting one.
JCB 1CXT Problems
NB: The JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is sold without any defective parts and the problems highlighted below are usually influenced by wear and tear or human error.
1. Engine Overheats
One of the problems which you may experience with a JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is that the engine may overheat. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- The fuel pump may be faulty.
- There might be little to no engine coolant in your backhoe loader.
- Air filter may be plugged.
- Radiator may be clogged.
- Carburetor may be clogged or damaged.
- Exhaust valves may be damaged.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When you notice that the engine of your JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is constantly overheating, here are a few ways in which you may try to resolve the problem;
- Check the fuel pump to ensure that it is in good condition. If it’s not you will have to fix or replace it.
- Clean the air filter and remove any dirt or debris. If the air filter is damaged you need to replace it.
- Clean the radiator if it is dirty.
- Check carburetor and clean it if clogged, but if damaged please replace it.
- Check exhaust valves and replace if they are damaged.
2. Starting Problems
Another problem which you may experience with a JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is that it may refuse to start. This problem happens when any of the following things occur;
- The fuel filters may be dirty.
- The fuel line may be blocked.
- Throttle cable may not be connected properly.
- There might not be any fuel in the tank.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If you are experiencing starting problems in your JCB 1CXT backhoe loader you can try implementing the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Clean fuel filters if they are dirty.
- Clean the fuel line and ensure that it is not blocked.
- Check throttle cable and ensure that it is connected properly.
- Check fuel levels and replenish if it is low.
3. Backhoe Loader Looses Power
When you have a JCB 1CXT there is a chance that it will loose power as soon as you start the engine. This problem may occur is any of the following things occur;
- The injector may be defective.
- There might be air in the hydraulic system.
- There might be a corroded hydraulic seal.
- You might have an old or damaged hydraulic drive.
- The hydraulic pump may be damaged.
Troubleshooting Backhoe Loader Looses Power Problem
When you notice that your JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is constantly loosing power, here are a few ways in which you may resolve the problem;
- Start by checking whether the injector is in good condition. Replace it if damaged.
- Remove any air that may be trapped in the hydraulic system.
- If there is a corroded hydraulic seal you need to clean it or reolace it.
- If your hydraulic drive is old or damaged please change it.
- If the hydraulic pump is damaged you need to change it.
4. Excessive Smoking
The JCB 1CXT backhoe loader can start smoking excessively and this is a clear sign that something is wrong. Excessive smoking is usually caused by any of the following;
- The fuel injector may be blocked.
- The solenoid may be worn out or damaged.
- There might be too much oil in your machine.
- Your fuel may be contaminated.
Troubleshooting Excessive Smoking Problem
When you notice that your JCB 1CXT backhoe loader is smoking excessively, you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- If the injector is blocked you need to have it cleaned.
- Replace solenoid if it is worn out or damaged.
- Drain excess oil from your engine.
- If fuel is contaminated you need to drain it and replace it with clean fuel.
Causes Of JCB 1CXT Problems
One of the main causes of JCB 1CXT backhoe loader problems is poor maintenance of the machine. If you do not regularly check the engine of your machine or pay attention to its performance there is a good chance that it will start facing most of these problems. If you also fail to service it regularly it will develop most of these problems.
Wear And Tear
Another cause of JCB 1CXT backhoe loader problems is wear and tear of the machine. If there are any components that are worn out there is a good chance that your machine will start developing most of these problems.
How To Avoid JCB 1CXT Problems
The best way to avoid JCB 1CXT problems is to regularly service and maintain your machine. This helps to ensure that the backhoe loader lasts you a lifetime and it also helps to ensure that problems get detected and resolved quicker. Avoid using your backhoe loader after you have noticed that its malfunctioning, this is because you may end up worsening the problem.
How Much Diesel Does A JCB Loader Use Per Hour?
The JCB loader uses approximately 4 liters of fuel per hour.
The JCB 1CXT is a good backhoe loader to purchase despite the problems it may encounter in the future. So of you are thinking of getting one you should definitely go for it. The problems listed above can easily be resolved using the guide above.