Every concrete saw has its problems and the Stihl TS400 is no exception. Below we look at some of the most common Stihl TS400 problems and how you can easily resolve them.
Table of Contents
What Is A Stihl TS400?
The Stihl TS400 is a concrete saw that comes with sophisticated features like the semi automatic belt tensioner and the ElastoStart shock absorbing starter handler. The Stihl TS400 has an engine power of 4bhp and a fuel capacity of 54pts.
Stihl TS400 Common Problems
1. Starting Problems
The Stihl TS400 concrete saw can sometimes experience starting problems. This problem usually occurs when the following factors are present;
- There might be a blockage in the fuel filter.
- There might be a blockage in the air filter.
- Spark plug may be defective or worn out.
- You might have added the wrong or contaminated fuel in your chainsaw.
- There might be leakages occurring.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If you notice that your Stihl TS400 concrete saw is experiencing starting problems, here are a few things you may try out in order to resolve the problem;
- Check the fuel filter and ensure that it is not blocked. If there is a blockage you need to clean or replace it.
- Check air filter and if there is a blockage you need to clean it.
- Check whether the spark plug is still in good condition. If it is damaged you will have to replace it.
- Check whether you added the correct fuel, if not, you will have to drain the fuel and replace it with the correct fuel.
- Check whether there are any leakages on your chainsaw and try to fix them.
2. Cutting Problems
Another problem which you may experience with the Stihl TS400 is that the saw may refuse to cut things. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- You may have forgotten to tune your chain.
- Concrete cutter teeth may be dull.
- The chain bar may be worn out.
Troubleshooting Cutting Problems
If your Stihl TS400 is refusing to cut things, here are a few ways in which you may try to resolve the problem;
- You should tune your chainsaw by adjusting the screws.
- Sharpen concrete cutter teeth if they are dull.
- If the chain bar is worn out you need to replace it with a new one.
3. Concrete Cutter Suddenly Stops Running
Another problem which you may experience with a concrete saw is that the engine may suddenly stop running. This problem usually occurs when any of the following factors are present;
- There might be old or contaminated fuel in your tank
- The carburetor may be clogged.
- The vents may be clogged.
Troubleshooting Concrete Cutter Suddenly Stops Running Problem
If your concrete saw suddenly stops whilst you are running it, here are a few ways in which you may try to troubleshoot the problem;
- You should start by draining any old or contaminated fuel and then replacing it with clean, fresh fuel.
- If the carburetor is clogged, you need to clean it.
- Check whether vents are clogged and try to remove any debris or dirt that may be trapped inside.
4. Excessive Vibration
Another problem which you may experience with a Stihl TS400 is that they may start vibrating excessively. This problem usually occurs when;
- There might be loose chains or components on your chainsaw.
Troubleshooting Excessive Vibration Problem
If your Stihl TS400 is vibrating excessively here is how you can troubleshoot the problem;
- Tighten all loose chains and make sure that there are no loose components on your chainsaw.
5. Poor Engine Performance
The engine of a Stihl concrete saw can sometimes perform poorly. This problem usually happens when any of the following things happen;
- Fuel may be contaminated.
- Air filter may be dirty.
- Spark plug may be defective.
- Fuel filter may be clogged.
Troubleshooting Poor Engine Performance Problem
If the engine of your Stihl TS400 concrete saw is performing poorly you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Drain and replace any contaminated fuel from the tank.
- Clean air filter if it is dirty.
- Fix or replace a damaged spark plug.
- Clean or replace fuel filter if dirty.
Causes Of Stihl TS400 Problems
One of the main causes of Stihl TS400 common problems is poor maintenance of the concrete saw. If you are someone who does not regularly check the engine of your saw, there is a good chance that it will face most of these problems. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that you check the engine of your concrete saw before and after every use.
Wear And Tear
Another cause of Stihl TS400 concrete saw problems is wear and tear. All saws are prone to wear and tear and the Stihl TS400 is no exception. Therefore, it is very important that you always replace worn out parts with new ones in order to avoid these problems.
If you continuously use the Stihl TS400 concrete saw without giving it enough time to rest, it will definitely develop most of these problems. Therefore, when using this machine you should ensure that you give it enough time to rest or else it will start to develop most of the problems indicated in this article.
Why Is My Stihl Petrol Saw Not Starting?
Your Stihl petrol saw may not be starting because of a number of reasons. For starters there might not be any fuel in the tank or you have added contaminated fuel into the tank. Another reason why your Stihl petrol saw may not start is because the carburettor may be blogged or the air filter may be dirty and in this case you may need to clean these elements.
Stihl is known for making quality saws and while the problems highlighted in this article may seem overwhelming it is important to note that they do not happen regularly and when they do occur, they can easily be resolved. If you are thinking of purchasing a Stihl concrete saw, do not let this article discourage you from doing so.