The Schluter Ditra Heat has definitely made floor heating a lot easier. If you are thinking of purchasing the Schluter Ditra heat, you definitely need to know some of the problems that it usually faces. Below we look at some of the most common Schluter Ditra Heat Problems and how you can easily resolve them.
Table of Contents
What Is A Schluter Ditra Heat?
The Schluter Ditra heat is an electric floor heating system which can also be used to heat walls. This floor heating system is very convenient and easy to install. The Schluter Ditra has heating wires that are embedded into the mat and these wires help to promote quick and efficient heat transfer.
Schluter Ditra Heat Problems
1. Display Screen Is Blank
One of the problems which you may experience with a Schluter Ditra Heat is that the display screen can become blank. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- There might be no power reaching the unit.
- On and off switch may have been pressed by mistake.
- The faceplate may be defective.
Troubleshooting Display Screen Is Blank Problem
When you notice that the display screen of your Schluter Ditra Heat is blank you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Check whether the Schluter Ditra Heat is properly connected to the power outlet.
- Press the On switch in order to light up the display screen.
- If the faceplate is defective you need to replace the thermostat.
2. Thermostat Does Not Display Energy Use Graphs
The Schluter Ditra Heat thermostat can sometimes refuse to display energy use graphs. This problem occurs when any of the following things happen;
- The energy tariff may not have been set in the thermostat.
- Load may not have been set when the thermostat was set up and installed.
Troubleshooting Thermostat Does Not Display Energy Use Graphs Problem
When the thermostat of your Schluter Ditra Heat does not display any energy graphs you can try using any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- If energy tariff was not set you need to go to your user settings and select energy tariff. You should then set the appropriate cost of electricity.
- If the load was not set up you need to reset the thermostat and then activate the load measurement.
3. Temperature On Display Does Not Match Temperature On Floor Or Room
Another problem which you may experience with a Schluter Ditra Heat is that the temperature on the display may not match with the temperature in the room. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- Floor or room sensors may not be properly calibrated.
- The instrument which you are using to measure the temperature may be inaccurate.
Troubleshooting Temperature On Display Does Not Match Temperature On Floor Or Room
If you notice that the temperature on your display is not going hand in hand with the temperature in the room you can try implementing the following in a bid to resolve the issue;
- Use a calibrated instrument in order to measure the temperature of your room or floor.
- Make sure you are using the correct instrument to measure the temperature of your floor or room.
4. Display Has Error Codes
You may also see error codes on the display screen of your Schluter Ditra Heat thermostat. Some of the codes you will see are;
- Error code EO which indicated and internal failure.
- Error code E1 which represents that the internal room temperature sensor is defective or short circuited.
- Error code E2 which shows that the floor temperature sensor is disconnected or defective.
- Error code E5 indicated that the thermostat is overheating internally.
- 3 dots indicate that the child lock has been activated
Troubleshooting Error Codes
If your Schluter Ditra Heat has error codes you can use the following techniques to solve each problem;
- E0-contact your installer because the thermostat will be defective.
- E1-th thermostat needs to be replaced so contact your installer.
- E2- reconnect floor sensor or install new floor sensor.
- E5- installation needs to be inspected so contact installer.
- 3 dots- deactivate child lock.
Causes Of Schluter Ditra Heat Problems
Overuse Of The Thermostat
One of the things that may cause your Schluter Ditra Heat thermostat to start facing these problems is overuse of the thermostat. If you constantly use this thermostat it will eventually start facing problems and this is one of the reasons why you should limit your use of this machine if you want it to last you for a long time.
Wear And Tear
Every thermostat is known to succumb to wear and tear and the Schluter Ditra Heat thermostat is no exception. If your Schluter Ditra has been affected by wear and tear you may need to replace it with a new one since chances are high that you will have to constantly repair it and it may be cheaper for you to just purchase a new one.
If you do not maintain your Schluter Ditra Heat thermostat well, it will face most of the problems in this article. Therefore, always research on how the Schluter Ditra Heat thermostat needs be taken care of so that you can start caring for it.
What Temperature Should Ditra Heat Be Set At?
The Ditra Heat should be set at a temperature of 82F or lower.
Can You Tile Immediately After Installing Ditra?
Once you have installed Ditra you can tile right away, there is usually no reason for you to wait.
Does Ditra Heat Warm The Room?
Yes, Ditra Heat warms up the room and the floor and this is why a lot of people love installing the Ditra Heat in their homes.
The Schluter Ditra heat is one of the best floor heating thermostats to own and while it may seem problematic, it is important to know that the problems in this article do not happen regularly. So if you are thinking of purchasing the Schluter Ditra Heat do not let this article discourage you from doing so.