Knowing what kind of problems your tractor is most likely to face can help you better prepare. In this article we are going to focus on some of the most common problems experienced by Tym T474 tractors and how they can be resolved.
Table of Contents
What Is Tym T474?
Tym T474 is a tractor or loader that is equipped with a Kukje diesel engine that has a 12×12 shuttle experience. This tractor also comes with an external lever which you can use to adjust rear implements. The Tym T474 also has a 3 point hitch that has a powerful lift capacity. Tym T474 tractors are considered to be very reliable.
Tym T474 Problems
NB: Brand new Tym T474 tractors are sold without any defective parts and the problems stated below are usually as a result of wear and tear or human error.
1. Engine Overheats
When you have a Tym T474 it is common to experience problems with the engine and in most cases it tends to overheat. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- The fan belt may be faulty or damaged.
- There might be insufficient engine coolant in the tractor.
- Radiator may be clogged.
- Engine oil levels may be low.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Tym T474 is overheating you can try implementing any of the following techniques in order to solve the problem;
- If the fan belt is faulty or damaged you should fix or replace it.
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low.
- Remove any dirt or debris that may be trapped inside the radiator.
- Check engine oil levels and replenish it if low.
2. Engine Emits Black Smoke
A Tym T474 tractor can start producing black smoke and this problem is usually caused by any of the following factors;
- You may be using low quality fuel.
- There might be insufficient nozzle pressure.
Troubleshooting Engine Emits Black Smoke Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Tym T474 is producing black smoke you can try any of the following methods in order to resolve the issue;
- Drain low quality fuel from your tank and replace it with clean fuel.
- If there is insufficient nozzle pressure you should contact a professional to fix the problem.
3. Engine Emits White Smoke
A Tym T474 tractor can also start producing white smoke. This problem happens when any or the following occur;
- The air cleaner may be clogged.
- There might be too much oil in the crankcase.
Troubleshooting Engine Emits White Smoke Problem
When you notice that the engine if your Tym T474 is producing white smoke you can try implementing any of the following techniques in order to troubleshoot the problem;
- Clean the air cleaner if it is clogged.
- Drain any excess oil from your crankcase.
4. Engine Runs Irregularly
The engine of a Tym T474 can start running irregularly and this problem is caused by any of the following factors;
- The fuel injection nozzle may be clogged.
- The fuel pipes may be leaking.
- Fuel injection timing may be wrongly set.
Troubleshooting Engine Runs Irregularly Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Tym T474 is running irregularly you can try any of the following techniques in order to troubleshoot the problem;
- Clean fuel injection nozzle if it is dirty.
- Fix any leakages on fuel pipes or replace the pipes with new ones.
- If the fuel injection timing is wrong set you need to have it adjusted.
5. Engine Does Not Start
The engine of a Tym T474 may also refuse to start. This problem is usually caused by any of the following factors;
- Fuel filter may be clogged.
- There might be air in your fuel system.
- Fuel line may be clogged.
- Key stop unit may be defective.
Troubleshooting Engine Does Not Start Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Tym T474 is refusing to start you can try any of the following methods in order to resolve the issue;
- If the fuel filter is clogged you need to clean it and replace the element.
- If there is air trapped in the fuel system you need to bleed it out.
- Clean fuel line if it is clogged.
- If the key stop unit is defective you need to have it fixed by a professional.
6. Engine Stalls
A Tym T474 engine can start stalling and this problem is usually caused by any of the following factors;
- There might be insufficient fuel in the tank.
- There might be insufficient oil in the tractor.
- Fuel injection nozzle may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Tym T474 is stalling you can try any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Add more fuel in your tank if it is low.
- Check oil levels and replenish it when low.
- If the fuel injection nozzle is faulty you need to have it fixed or replaced.
How To Avoid Tym T474 Problems
In order to avoid Tym T474 problems you should regularly service and maintain your tractor. This ways small problems can be identified earlier before they turn into something even bigger. If you suspect that there is a problem with your Tym T474 you should stop using it until the problem has been resolved or else you can end up worsening the situation.
Is Tym T474 A Good Tractor?
Yes, Tym T474 is a good tractor. This is mainly because it is reliable and durable so you will definitely be getting value for your money.
What Is The Lift Capacity Of Tym T474 Loader?
The lift capacity of a Tym T474 loader is 2688lbs.
How Many Horsepower Is Tym T474 Tractor?
The Tym T474 tractor has a horsepower of 35.9hp.
The Tym T474 tractor can experience a number of problems as highlighted in the above article however, it’s important to know that these problems do not happen regularly. Therefore if you are planning on buying a Tym T474 do not let this article derail you from doing so as these problems can easily be resolved.