The Reebok One GT40S is a high-quality piece of exercise equipment, however can develop problems over time that impact your workout. The good news is many common treadmill problems are easily fixed by anyone with basic mechanical skills and in this article we’ll be looking at Reebok One GT40S treadmill problems and the steps you can take to troubleshoot them and get back to your exercise routine. Let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
What Is The Reebok One GT40S?
The Reebok One GT40S is a popular treadmill released by Reebok Fitness in 2020. This treadmill is ideal for home use and includes many high-tech features for an effective cardio workout. The Reebok One GT40S can reach a maximum speed of 12 mph and has 15 levels of electronic incline adjustment. As you exercise, the integrated pulse grip heart rate sensors will automatically display your heart rate on the LCD screen.
Reebok One GT40S Problems
1. Display Not Working
If the display on your Reebok One GT40S treadmill is not functioning properly or not working at all then you will not be able to access the treadmill’s functionality, this problem is usually caused by;
- Loosely plugged cord
- A tripped circuit breaker
- A disconnected or loose display cable
Troubleshooting The Display Not Working Problem
- You need to make sure that the treadmill is properly plugged in and the outlet has power.
- Also check your home’s circuit breaker to confirm it has not tripped and reset the circuit breaker if needed.
- Check if the display’s cable inside the treadmill console has become loose or disconnected. You will need to remove the plastic covers and wiring guards to access this and then reconnect any loose cables and tighten as needed.
2. Belt Slipping Or Making Noise
If the belt on your Reebok One GT40S treadmill is slipping or making noises then it likely needs some adjustment or replacement. This problem is usually due to;
- Improper belt tension
- Worn-out or frayed belt
- Faulty belt alignment
Troubleshooting The Belt Slipping Or Making Noise Problems
- Check the belt tension because an improperly tightened belt can slip or squeak then locate the tension bolts on the rear roller then tighten the bolts evenly and test the belt and do not overtighten.
- Inspect the belt for damage because excessively worn, cracked or frayed belts should be replaced.
- You should also apply a small amount of silicone lubricant or treadmill belt lubricant between the belt and deck can help reduce friction and noise.
- Check down the side of the treadmill to check alignment as it should look perfectly parallel and adjust as needed using the treadmill’s alignment bolts.
3. Treadmill Not Inclining Properly
If your Reebok One GT40S treadmill is not properly inclining then you may be be able to work out as effectively as you would like. This problem will likely be due to;
- A faulty incline motor
- A frayed or damaged incline belt
- Damaged incline brackets
- Faulty incline controls
Troubleshooting Treadmill Not Inclining Properly Problem
- First make sure that the incline motor is functioning properly. The incline motor controls the lifting and lowering of the treadmill deck so you may need to replace the incline motor.
- Check that the incline belt which connects the incline motor to the treadmill deck is not worn, frayed or broken, if so then the incline belt will need to be replaced.
- Also inspect the incline mechanism and brackets that attach the incline motor to the treadmill frame. If these brackets are bent, loose or broken then they will need to be replaced.
- Be sure to test the incline control console buttons to make sure the electronic incline controls are working properly.
4. Not Reaching High Speeds
If your Reebok One GT40S treadmill is not reaching its maximum speed then it may be due to;
- A faulty motor controller board
- Dirt or debris on running belt
- A damaged drive motor
- A faulty keypad or console
Troubleshooting The Not Reaching High Speeds Problem
- You may need to replace the motor controller board be sure to consult the owner’s manual for part numbers and replacement instructions.
- Make sure to inspect the belt for signs of wear or damage and replace if needed and ensure the running belt is properly tensioned and centered.
- Have a technician test the drive motor and replace it if necessary.
- If the speed controls on the keypad or console are not properly functioning then the treadmill will not reach the desired speeds so you have to replace the keypad or console control board to restore full functionality.
The Reebok One GT40S treadmill can overheat if it’s being used for an extended period of time or if the cooling fan becomes obstructed.
Troubleshooting The Overheating Problem
- Make sure the treadmill is placed in an area with adequate ventilation and airflow because the treadmill requires empty space on all sides especially behind the motor cover for the cooling fan to properly circulate air.
- Check that the treadmill’s cooling fan is functioning properly and free of dust buildup.
- You can also shorten your workout or lower the speed and incline to give the treadmill time to cool down.
How To Avoid Reebok One GT40S Problems
- Check that the walking belt is centered, tight, and not frayed or torn and make sure the deck is clean and evenly worn also listen for any strange noises coming from the motor and check for loose parts.
- Apply some lubricant to the walking belt as this helps the belt glide smoothly, reduces friction and prevents damage.
- Locate the tension bolts at the back of the treadmill and slowly tighten each bolt 1/4 turn at a time until the belt no longer slips and be careful not to overtighten the belt.
- Wipe down the walking belt, sides of the belt, control panel, and handrails after each use to remove dust, dirt and sweat.
- Check that the safety key is properly attached to your clothing before starting the treadmill.
How Do I Adjust The Incline On My Reebok One GT40S Treadmill?
To adjust the incline on your Reebok One GT40S treadmill, locate the incline control buttons on the front of the treadmill console. Press and hold the up arrow button to increase the incline or the down arrow button to decrease the incline.
How Do I Adjust The Speed On My Reebok One GT40S Treadmill?
The speed on the Reebok One GT40S treadmill can be adjusted using the speed control buttons on the front of the treadmill console. Press and hold the up arrow button to increase the speed or the down arrow button to decrease the speed.
As you have seen there are a few common problems that can arise with the Reebok One GT40S treadmill, but luckily most have straightforward solutions and with regular maintenance and care, your Reebok One GT40S treadmill can provide you many years of working out service and help you achieve your fitness goals. Now the only thing that will be left to do is to get om that treadmill and start putting in those running miles.