Every microwave has its problems and the Panasonic inverter microwave is no exception. In this article we will discuss some of the most common Panasonic inverter microwave problems and how you can easily troubleshoot them at home.
Table of Contents
What Is A Panasonic Inverter Microwave?
The Panasonic inverter microwave is a microwave that provides a constant stream of power for the entire cooking time and prevents overheating of food. If you are someone who loves reheating food, you need to purchase this microwave since it usually retains the texture of food when compared to other microwaves.
Panasonic Inverter Microwave Problems
NB: Brand new Panasonic inverter microwaves are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems indicated below are usually influenced by human error or wear and tear of the appliance.
1. Oven Does Not Turn On
One of the problems which you nay experience with a Panasonic inverter microwave is that the oven may refuse to turn on. This problem usually occurs when any of the following happen;
- The power cord may not be plugged into the power outlet.
- The power outlet may be faulty.
- The circuit breaker may have tripped.
- The fuse may have been blown out.
Troubleshooting Oven Does Not Turn On Problem
When you notice that the oven of your Panasonic inverter microwave is not turning on, you can try using any of the following methods to try and resolve the issue;
- Check if the power cord is correctly connected to the power outlet.
- If you suspect that the power outlet is faulty, you can plug another appliance into that outlet. If it refused to work that means you will need to fix the power outlet.
- Reset circuit breaker of it has tripped.
- If the fuse is blown out you need to replace it.
2. Oven Does Not Start Cooking
When you own a Panasonic inverter microwave there are instances when the oven will refuse to start cooking. This problem usually happens when any of the following occur;
- The door may not be properly closed.
- You may have forgotten to press the Start button.
- You may have pressed the Stop button by mistake.
Troubleshooting Oven Does Not Start Cooking Problem
When the oven of your Panasonic inverter microwave does not start cooking, you can try any of the following methods in order to resolve the issue;
- Check whether the door is closed or try to close the door properly.
- Press the Start button so that the oven can start cooking your food.
- If you had pressed the Stop button by mistake you need to reset the program again.
3. Glass Tray Wobbles
Another problem which you may experience with a Panasonic inverter microwave is that the glass tray may start wobbling whilst in the oven. This problem usually occurs when;
- The glass tray is not properly positioned onto the roller ring.
- There is food trapped under the roller ring.
Troubleshooting Glass Tray Wobbles Problem
If the glass tray of your Panasonic inverter microwave starts wobbling you can use any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Remove the glass tray from the microwave and wipe the roller rings in order to remove any dirty that may be trapped underneath.
- Place the glass tray on top of roller rings and ensure that they are correctly positioned.
4. Display Lights Up
The display of a Panasonic inverter microwave can indicate “Lock”, this is usually a sign that the child lock was activated by mistake.
Troubleshooting Display Lights Up Problem
If the display of your Panasonic inverter microwave indicates Lock, you should try to deactivate the child lock feature. In order to do this you should follow these instructions;
- Press the function button and select option 5 in order to choose child lock.
- Press option 2 in order to switch off child lock feature.
5. Glass Tray Makes Noise When Oven Is Turned On
When you have a Panasonic inverter microwave it is common to experience problems with the glass tray which tends to make noise once the oven is turned on. This problems occurs when;
- There is dirt between the glass tray and the roller ring.
Troubleshooting Glass Tray Makes Noise When Oven Is Turned On Problem
If the glass tray of your Panasonic inverter microwave is always making noise when the oven is turned on, you can try the following technique in order to resolve the issue;
- Clean the roller rings and the bottom of your oven before placing the glass tray inside.
6. Control Panel Buttons Do Not Work
The control panel buttons of a Panasonic inverter microwave may refuse to work. This problem occurs when;
- Another program has been entered into the keypad.
Troubleshooting Control Panel Buttons Do Not Work
If you notice that the control panel buttons of your Panasonic inverter microwave are refusing to work, you can try the following;
- Press the Stop/ Reset button in order to remove the current program.
How Long Should A Panasonic Microwave Last?
A Panasonic microwave should last you for approximately 5 to 7 years however, if you maintain and care for it, there is a chance that it will last longer.
Why Is My Panasonic Inverter Microwave Showing A Key Symbol?
If your Panasonic inverter microwave is showing a key symbol it means that the child lock has been turned on and you need to remove it. In order to remove the key symbol simply press the function button and select option 5 then option 2 in order to disable the child lock feature.
Does The Panasonic Inverter Microwave Have A Fuse?
Yes the Panasonic inverter microwave has a fuse. If you suspect that the fuse of your inverter microwave is blown out you can use a multi-meter to test its continuity.
Panasonic inverter microwaves are very durable and reliable, and while they may succumb to the problems indicated in this article, it is important to know that the problems can easily be resolved. If you are thinking of purchasing a Panasonic inverter microwave do not let the problems indicated in this article discourage you from doing so.