Massey Ferguson is yet another notable brand behind some of the best tractors on the market. They are the ones behind the Massey Ferguson 5711 model. We shall be exploring some of the problems you may face using a Massey Ferguson 5711.
Table of Contents
What Is A Massey Ferguson 5711?
This is a robust tractor model. It is suited for use in farming, construction, or as a utility tractor. The Massey Ferguson 5711 is specially designed for use in tough environments. The Massey Ferguson 5711 is also uniquely equipped to draw much heavier implements. It has a maximum engine horsepower of 110. It also has a 12 × 12 power shuttle transmission. No doubt a powerhouse but it has some problems you should know.
Massey Ferguson 5711 Problems
Massey Ferguson 5711 problems are varied and will depend on an operator’s circumstances. Some problems may be isolated whereas most are common amongst Massey Ferguson 5711 operators. Here are some of the common Massey Ferguson 5711 problems.
1. Low Engine Power
You may notice that your tractor delivers low engine power. That is an issue that may emanate from:
- Fuel injection timing which could be off.
- The fuel injection cycle may be off.
- The fuel injection nozzle could be faulty or worn out.
- There could be an erratic fuel supply.
Troubleshooting Low Engine Power Problems
You have to check ascertain what exactly is leading to low engine power. More often than not it will be due to the aforementioned. You can:
- Check or get the fuel system checked by a professional.
- Clean the fuel system.
- Replace any components that look worn out.
2. Engine Will Not Start Or Abruptly Stops
This is a prevalent problem cited by most Massey Ferguson 5711 operators. The Massey Ferguson 5711 may not start at all. At times it can start and run for some time then stops along the way. Possible causes of this problem are:
- Fuel injectors and or filter may be clogged.
- Fuel lines may be blocked or leaking.
- Piston rings may be damaged or worn out.
- Compression may be too low.
- Blockages in the cooling fins.
- Fuel filter could be dirty, damaged or old.
Troubleshooting Engine Not Starting Or Abruptly Stopping
When this happens you need to do some diagnostic checks. In most cases the problem stems from disruptions in fuel flow, amongst other things. You can then:
- Clean the fuel injectors, fuel filter, and or fuel lines.
- Replace them where need be.
- Clean or replace the cooling fins.
- Adjust compression to the optimum level.
- Replace piston rings with new ones.
3. Engine Overheating
This is another fairly common problem you may face when using a Massey Ferguson 5711. There are possible causes which you can easily check for. The most common are:
- Coolant may low or leaking.
- Radiator may be malfunctioning or worn out.
- There may be loose connections in the hoses.
- Hoses could be leaking.
- Engine may be too overloaded.
- Fans belts could be loose, too tight, or torn.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheating Problems
When your Massey Ferguson 5711’s engine overheats there are basic checks to do. Check the radiator, coolant tank, the associated hoses, the connections, and fans belts. Closely check for damages, leaks, and the like. Once you are sure of the possible causes, consider the following:
- Top up the coolant if level is too low.
- Plug any leakages or replace the leaking components.
- Correct any tightness or looseness on the fan belts; replace if damaged.
- Ensure that you are not overloading your engine when in operation.
4. Motor Problems
The Massey Ferguson 5711 may encounter motor problems here and there. It could be that the motor may operate erratically. It could be that sometimes it does not turn. Sometimes the motor may not start at all. Possible causes of this could be:
- You may be using contaminated or the wrong fuel.
- The fuel pump may be dirty, faulty or damaged.
- The timing of the injection pump for fuel may be incorrect.
Troubleshooting Motor Problems
You must first ascertain whether it is the motor itself or other things. Possible solutions are:
- Replace fuel if contaminated.
- Ensure the fuel you are using is the correct type.
- Clean, fix, or replace the fuel pump.
- Correct the timing of the fuel injection pump.
- Replace the motor if necessary.
5. Steering Problems
You may notice some issues with the steering of your Massey Ferguson 5711. It may be too loose or too hard to turn. This may be caused by:
- Oil level may be too low.
- The hydraulic cylinder of the steering may be faulty.
- The pump of the steering could be damaged.
Troubleshooting Steering Problems
Informed by your diagnosis, do the following:
- Bring oil level to the appropriate level.
- Fix the steering’s hydraulic cylinder.
- Fix the steering pump.
How To Avoid Massey Ferguson 5711 Problems
The overall secret is in responsible use. Operate the Massey Ferguson 5711 according to manufacturer stipulations. Always clean it after using it. Make thorough checks prior to and after use. Get your Massey Ferguson 5711 serviced as scheduled. Replace parts, lubricate, and make adjustments where needs be. That will keep problems away.
What Makes The Massey Ferguson 5711 Good?
The compactness and manoeuvrability of the Massey Ferguson 5711 makes it easy to use. That is why it is especially ideal for utility and haulage tasks. With responsible use the Massey Ferguson 5711 rarely breaks down. The Massey Ferguson 5711’s performance is enhanced by its top tier hydraulics.
Is The Massey Ferguson 5711 Fuel Efficient?
Yes. The Massey Ferguson 5711 is built to be fuel-efficient. It is also designed to be compliant with stage 5 emissions levels. It is eco-friendly!
You will seldom experience problems if you are operating and handling your Massey Ferguson 5711 right. If you are considering purchasing a Massey Ferguson 5711 do not be taken aback by the problems. The occurrence of the problems we discussed is mostly operator-related. If you regularly and consistently clean, inspect, service, and maintain your Massey Ferguson 5711 problems will be rare.