Maneuvering the Yard or farm land has never been this easier thanks to the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor. Thanks to the powerful Husqvarna series engine one can easily drive around the farm land completing all the necessary jobs. Despite however the wonderful design and quality build of the Husqvarna TS 138 it does have a few problems that will be discussed down below.
Table of Contents
What Is The Husqvarna TS 138?
The Husqvarna TS 138 is a user-friendly personal tractor that is designed to service the needs of small to mid-size gardens. The tractor is very compact and features a single seat that is ergonomically designed to be comfortable. The tractor is powered by a powerful Husqvarna petrol engine and uses a hydrostatic transmission manufactured by Tuff Torq.
Husqvarna TS 138 Problems
NB: The Husqvarna TS 138 tractor is usually sold without any defects and any problems that may arise, including those highlighted below are usually caused by wear and tear arising on the machine while in operation.
1. Engine Does Not Start
One of the biggest problems that may plague the Husqvarna TS 138 is failure of the engine to start. There are several reasons that may cause the Husqvarna TS 138 engine to fail to start and these include;
- Lack of fuel in the tank.
- Fuel filter being clogged.
- Spark plug being defective.
Troubleshooting The Engine Starting Problem
There are a couple of ways that one can to use in order to solve the issue of the engine failing to start and these include;
- Refilling the tank and checking for fuel leaks
- Replacing the fuel filter
- Replacing the spark plug
2. Engine Does Not Run Smoothly
The second problem that can affect the Husqvarna TS 138 is failure of the engine to run smoothly hence affecting performance of the tractor. Reasons for this include;
- Defective spark plug
- Defective check valve on the fuel tank cap.
- Choke engaged while the engine is warm
Troubleshooting Engine Running Problem
If the engine fails to run smoothly one can try to address this problem using the following methods.
- Replacing the defective spark plug.
- Replacing the fuel tank cap.
- Disengaging the choke when the engine is warm
3. Engine Overheating
The engine of the Husqvarna TS 138 may overheat if not operated under the specified conditions. Reasons that may cause overheating are as follows;
- Overloading the engine.
- Blockage of the air intakes or cooling fins of the Husqvarna TS 138 engine.
- The engine oil level falling too low.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheating
When one notices that the Husqvarna TS 138 engine is running hot it usually indicates a problem has developed and to solve the problem one can do the following.
- Decreasing the load on the engine by not over working the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor or towing loads.
- Cleaning the blocked air intake and the cooling fins on the engine.
- Constantly checking the engine oil level and filling the engine oil level when necessary.
4. Excessive Vibrations Of The Tractor
One may start to notice that the Husqvarna TS 138 is vibrating excessively when in use and this may be caused by the following reasons.
- Loose blades on the Husqvarna TS 138
- One or more blades fitted on the Husqvarna TS 138 is damaged or installed in such a way that it becomes imbalanced.
- Engine being fitted loose.
Troubleshooting Excessive Vibration
In order to solve the problem of vibrations on the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor one may have to resort to the following techniques.
- Tightening the bolts on the Husqvarna TS 138 blades
- Inspecting the blades and re-balancing any loose blades that may have the potential to become imbalanced.
- Tightening the bolts that hold the Husqvarna TS 138 engine secure.
5. Failure Of Battery To Charge
The battery on the Husqvarna TS 138 may fail to charge after sometime of using the tractor hence it fails to function as intended. Reasons for this may include;
- Defective main fuse on the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor.
- Defective battery on the Husqvarna TS 138.
- Charging cable that connects to the battery is disconnected or defective.
Troubleshooting The Battery Problem
In order to solve some of the problems that may affect the battery on the Husqvarna TS 138 the following steps may be necessary.
- Replacing the main fuse if it becomes burnt or defective.
- Replacing the entire battery used on the Husqvarna TS 138 in order to restore full charging functionality of the tractor.
- Inspecting the charging cable and reconnecting it or replacing it if the need arises.
6. Defective Grass Discharge
When using the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor to cut grass, one may notice that the grass discharge does not meet specification and this may be caused by the following reasons.
- The blades may be worn, damaged or too loose to perform any significant cutting action.
- There may be a buildup of grass or dirt below the cutting deck
- The air holes of the cutting deck may be closed from the buildup of grass and dirt on the areas around the mandrels.
Troubleshooting Defective Grass Discharge
In order to solve the problems that may affect grass discharge on the Husqvarna TS 138 one may need to do the following.
- Replacing the blades or tightening bolts that hold the blades secure.
- Cleaning the cutting deck of any excess grass or dirt that hinder the performance of the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor cutting function.
- Cleaning the area around the mandrels so as to open the air holes and ensure the tractor functions as intended.
How To Avoid Husqvarna TS 138 Problems
The best way to avoid any problems developing with the Husqvarna TS 138 is to regularize with the tractor’s operator manual and only using the tractor as stipulated in the manual. Following the stipulated maintenance schedule and avoiding to use the tractor in environments where it may be prone to fail will also help prolong the life of the tractor.
What Engine Is In The Husqvarna TS 138?
The Husqvarna TS 138 is powered by a Husqvarna Series Loncin 19hp engine.
What Causes The Husqvarna TS 138 Not To Start?
There are several reasons that may cause the ride-on mower not to start and these include an empty battery, disengaged parking brake or a cutting deck that was left lowered from a previous cutting session. The tractor in turn will fail to start for safety reasons. Ensure all these are inspected and sorted out before one can use the Husqvarna TS 138 tractor.
In conclusion the Husqvarna TS 138 is a wonderful product and offers convenience when mowing the lawn. The tractor is very reliable and durable; however, it is not perfect and problems can develop if it is not handled properly. One therefore has to ensure the tractor is properly taken care of if it is to perform as intended.