When using the Kawai ES110 digital piano, you have access to a highly-rated instrument that provides an authentic piano playing experience. However, as with any sophisticated electronic device, problems can arise that may disrupt your musical enjoyment or practice. Being aware of the most common problems that occur with the Kawai ES110 and learning how to address them will ensure you get the most out of your digital piano and can continue progressing in your playing. Let’s find out more
Table of Contents
What The Is The Kawai ES110 ?
The Kawai ES110 is an 88-key digital piano with realistic hammer-action keys and built-in speakers. It produces an authentic grand piano experience in a compact, affordable and portable package. With the Kawai ES110 you get the sound quality of an orchestra level piano at a reasonable price.
Kawai ES110 Problems
1. Key Sensitivity Issues
The Kawai ES110’s key action and sensitivity are essential to its performance. The “Responsive Hammer III Ivory Touch” weighted keys provide an authentic piano touch and response. However, some users report sensitivity problems with the keys which are usually caused by;
- Dirt and debris buildup
- Bad key tension adjustment
- Faulty pressure pads
Troubleshooting The Key Sensitivity Issues
- Check for dirt or debris trapped under the keys and clean, and then provide the proper amount of piano key lubrication. Try using a can of compressed air to blow out any dirt.
- The key tension may also need adjustment so be sure to consult the product manual or a piano technician for guidance on regulating the key tension.
- If you have faulty pressure pads then the digital piano won’t register any of the key presses so you will have to contact Kawai for further details.
2. Sustain Pedal Problems
The Kawai ES110’s sustain pedal is essential for expressive playing, but it can be prone to problems. If the sustain pedal is not activating when pressed then it may be due to;
- A faulty pedal cable
Troubleshooting The Sustain Pedal Problems
- First you need to check that the pedal cable is properly connected to the correct sustain pedal input on the back of the digital piano.
- Make sure the cable is firmly plugged in at both ends. If still unresponsive then the pedal or cable may need replacement.
- Be sure to always consult an authorized Kawai service center if you’re dealing with a problem you cannot troubleshoot yourself.
3. Audio Connectivity Problems
The Kawai ES110 digital piano has various connectivity options to stream audio, but some users report problems with getting their devices to connect properly. This is usually due to;
- Device incompatibility
- Obstructions in the way
- Outdated firmware
Troubleshooting The Audio Connectivity Problems
- Make sure that the device you’re attempting to connect the Kawai ES110 digital piano to is compatible. Be sure to make use of the user manual.
- When using wireless connectivity methods, make sure that there are no dense objects in the way between you and the digital piano.
- Check that the software you will be using to connect to the piano is up to date.
4. Strange Noises Problem
The Kawai ES110 digital piano may emit strange noises at times that can indicate hardware problems. Buzzing, clicking or rattling sounds could mean loose or damaged components within the keyboard assembly or speaker system.
Troubleshooting The Strange Noises Problem
- It is best to have the instrument inspected by a certified Kawai technician to diagnose and repair any faulty parts to prevent long-term damage or malfunction.
5. Power Supply Problem
If your Kawai ES110 digital piano does not turn on when plugged in then the problem likely lies with the power supply. This is a common problem that you should expect with the Kawai ES110 digital piano. But it may also be due to;
- A faulty power adapter
- A faulty internal power supply
Troubleshooting The Power Supply Problem
- Check that the power cable is securely connected to both the adapter and the outlet.
- Also inspect the adapter for any visible damage to the cable or plug. If there are exposed wires or the adapter feels hot then it should be replaced immediately to avoid fire or electric shock.
- The Kawai ES110 may require servicing by a certified Kawai technician to diagnose and replace or repair the internal power supply’s components.
- Do not attempt to open or service the digital piano yourself as this could void your warranty or cause permanent damage.
How To Avoid Kawai ES110 Problems
- Keep the piano in a stable environment away from extreme heat or cold. Temperature difference can cause tuning issues.
- Dust the piano regularly using a soft, dry cloth to remove debris from between keys and around pedals.
- Avoid placing drinks on the piano as spills seeping into the interior can damage electronic components and the keybed.
- Have the piano tuned by a professional technician once a year or if you notice the pitch sounding off. Regular tuning ensures optimal aural performance and key sensitivity.
- Update the piano’s firmware when prompted to ensure the latest features and fixes are installed. Firmware updates are available on the Kawai website.
- Get a piano cover when not in use to protect from environmental factors like UV light exposure, scratches and dents which can impact the digital piano’s appearance and longevity.
What Type Of Warranty Or Guarantee Does Kawai Offer On The Kawai ES110 Model?
Kawai offers a standard 2-year limited warranty on the Kawai ES110 digital piano which includes parts and labor. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship for 2 years from the date of purchase.
How Long Is The Key Life Expectancy Of The Kawai ES110?
The key action of the Kawai ES110 uses high-quality materials and construction to provide a key touch that feels natural and responsive. When properly maintained, the key components are designed to provide many years of enjoyable playing experience before requiring replacement.
Even high-quality digital pianos like the Kawai ES110 can develop problems over time that may disrupt your playing experience. However, with some troubleshooting and maintenance most of the common problems are relatively easy to solve on your own. Regularly inspecting and cleaning your Kawai ES110, updating the firmware and replacing worn parts when needed will help ensure a couple of years of enjoyment with your digital piano.