There are plenty of smart watch brands and models to consider. The Garmin brand is behind some of the smart watch models to pick from. One of its options is the Garmin Venu SQ. The Garmin Venu SQ smart watch comes with some cool features. Regardless, in this discussion we shall be looking at some of the common Garmin Venu SQ problems.
Table of Contents
What Is The Garmin Venu SQ?
The Garmin Venu SQ is a smart watch. The Garmin Venu SQ comes with over 20 pre-loaded mobile sports apps. The Garmin Venu SQ smart watch has a battery that lasts up to 6 days on a single charge. The Garmin Venu SQ facilitates on-the-wrist health and wellness monitoring. There are several more cool features you can enjoy on the Garmin Venu SQ smart watch. We have to explore the Garmin Venu SQ’s common problems though.
Garmin Venu SQ Problems
The Garmin Venu SQ smart watch may encounter some issues here and there. Knowing them is a must. That is why we are having this discussion on common Garmin Venu SQ problems. Here are some of the common Garmin Venu SQ problems:
1. Smart Watch Not Connecting To Phone
You will typically want to connect your Garmin Venu SQ to your mobile phone. Unfortunately there may be times when you fail to establish a connection. This is a problem that may be caused by:
- Bluetooth may be off on phone
- Garmin Connect app may be outdated
- Distance between the two may be too much
Troubleshooting Smart Watch Not Connecting To Phone Problem
There are basic preliminary checks that can sort out the issue. For instance, it may be that the phone’s Bluetooth is off or the phone is set to not be discoverable. Once you have done the checks you can consider the following remedies:
- Ensure phone’s Bluetooth is on and phone is set to be discoverable
- Re-pair the two if need be
- Update the Garmin app
- Ensure the distance between the two is 10 meters (33 feet) or less
2. Smart Watch Not Switching On
This is another common Garmin Venu SQ problem. There may be times the Garmin Venu SQ does not switch on. This is a problem that may be caused by:
- May not be fully charged
- System or software crash
- Physical damage
- Damaged or faulty switch
Troubleshooting Smart Watch Not Switching Problem
In the event that your Garmin Venu SQ smart watch does not switch on, the issue may be simple. Yet in some cases it could be a somewhat complex matter. Some of the remedies to the problem are:
- Ensure the smart watch is full charged
- Reboot the smart watch
- Get it fixed by a skilled professional for issues such as software or physical damage
3. Heart Rate Tracking Inconsistencies
There may be times when the heart rate tracking starts acting up. At times it may not register readings. This is a problem that may be caused by:
- Missing data fields or sections
- Imperfect fit of the smart watch on your wrist
- Connectivity issues
Troubleshooting Heart Rate Tracking Inconsistencies Problem
There are some basic you must make. This Garmin Venu SQ problem is fairly easy to fix. Just ensure you figure out the correct root cause. Some of the solutions to the problem are:
- Restart app or the devices
- Adjust smart watch’s fit on your wrist
- Re-pair heart rate strap to the smart watch
4. GPS Not Working
When using your Garmin Venu SQ smart watch, GPS functionality may be problematic. For instance, the Garmin Venu SQ may not register GPS totally. Sometimes GPS may work erratically. This is a problem that may be caused by:
- Normal time delay
- Software version could be outdated
- Physical obstructions
Troubleshooting GPS Not Working Problem
Often time you may realize that there is really no big issue. That is why it is important to ensure your figure the correct root cause. Otherwise the problem is usually easy to rectify. Some of the solutions to the problem are:
- Satellite lock typically takes some time so you can wait a bit more
- Synch smart watch to the Garmin Connect app – it expedites satellite lock
- Update software version if need be
- Use GPS is an open area; avoid trees or buildings
5. Battery Draining Too Quickly
This is also another common Garmin Venu SQ problem. You will begin to notice that your Garmin Venu SQ smart watch’s battery drains way too quickly. This is a problem that may be caused by:
- Faulty or worn out battery
- Software bugs
- Too many functions or features on
Troubleshooting Battery Draining Too Quickly Problem
This is usually a problem that can be addressed easily. Once you have identified the root cause, it should be straightforward. Some of the possible remedies to explore are:
- Fix or replace battery
- Reboot or update software
- Switch off features when not in use e.g. GPS, some notifications, and so on
How To Avoid Garmin Venu SQ Problems
You have to be abreast with the user manual of your Garmin Venu SQ smart watch. This will help you build a good understanding of how to use, care, and avoid problems for your Garmin Venu SQ. You must also keep your Garmin Venu SQ clean; regularly clean it. You must regularly inspect as that helps you quickly identify issues needing attention. Keeping software updated also helps avoid Garmin Venu SQ problems.
How Long Does A Garmin Venu SQ Battery Last?
Up to 6 days, however it depends. For instance, if music playback is on, it lasts up to 8 hours. If only GPS mode is on, it lasts up to 14 hours. With music and GPS on, it lasts up to 6 hours.
How Many Years Will A Garmin Venu SQ Last?
The Garmin Venu SQ smart watch has a lifespan of more than 7 years.
The Garmin Venu SQ smart watch is laden with great features. This information on common Garmin Venu SQ problems adds to your user experience. The problems are all generally easy to avoid and fix.