Every All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) has its own problems and the Bombardier Traxter 500 is no exception. The article below focuses on some of the most common Bombardier Traxter 500 problems and how you can easily troubleshoot them.
Table of Contents
What Is A Bombardier Traxter 500?
A Bombardier Traxter is an ATV that can be used for both work and leisure purposes. This vehicle is similar to the Bombardier 650cc however, it has a half liter off road engine. The Bombardier Traxter 500 can be maneuvered by both experienced and inexperienced drivers. It is also very durable and can last you a lifetime if you take good care of it.
Bombardier Traxter 500 Problems
NB: The Bombardier Traxter 500 is sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems indicated in this article are usually influenced by wear and tear of the vehicle.
1. Engine Does Not Turn
One of the problems which you may encounter with the Bombardier Traxter 500 is that the engine might refuse to turn. This problem is usually caused by a number of factors, some of which include;
- The ignition might be switched off.
- Burnt fuse.
- The transmission might be in the wrong position.
- Battery might be low or terminals might be loose.
Troubleshooting Engine Does Not Turn Problem
If the engine of your Bombardier Traxter is refusing to turn, here are a few ways in which you can troubleshoot the problem;
- Place the ignition switch on the ON position.
- Check the fuse and replace if burnt.
- Set the transmission in either Park or Neutral position.
- Check battery voltage and charge if it is low.
- Check battery connections and tighten them if loose.
2. Engine Backfires
Another problem that you may experience with the Bombardier Traxter 500 is that the engine tends to backfire. The problem is usually caused by the following;
- Improper carburetor settings.
- Overheating of the engine.
- Exhaust system leakages.
- Ignition system failure or incorrect ignition timing.
Troubleshooting Engine Backfires Problem
If the engine of your Bombardier Traxter 500 is constantly back firing, here are a few ways in which you can resolve the problem.
- If the engine is overheating allow it to cool down and then check the engine coolant and oil. If they are both fine you may need to take your vehicle to a reputable dealer.
- If the carburetor setting and ignition timing is also incorrect you will also need to take the vehicle to a reputable dealer.
3. Vehicle Does Not Reach Full Speed
If your Bombardier Traxter 500 is not reaching its full speed, there are a number of factors that might be involved.
- Air filter box might be dirty.
- CVT might be dirty or worn out.
- Park brake might be on.
Troubleshooting Vehicle Does Not Reach Full Speed Problem
If your vehicle is not reaching its full speed, here are a few ways in which you can try to resolve the problem.
- Check air filter box and clean if it is dirty.
- If the CVT is dirty or worn out, take your vehicle to a reputable dealer and have it fixed.
- Remove park brake lever.
4. Engine Misfires
Another problem which you may face with the Bombardier Traxter 500 is that the engine sometimes misfires. This problem is usually influenced by the following factors;
- Faulty, damaged or worn out spark plug.
- Contaminated or old fuel in tank.
Troubleshooting Engine Misfires Problem
When the engine of your Bombardier Traxter 500 misfires, here is what you should do to resolve the problem.
- Fix or replace spark plugs if they are worn out.
- Drain fuel from the tank and replace it with clean, fresh fuel.
5. Difficulty In Shifting Transmission
When driving a Bombardier Traxter 500, it may be difficult to shift the transmission. This problem is caused by the following factors;
- Lack of engine or transmission oil.
- Use of wrong oil.
- Transmission shifting system might be damaged.
Troubleshooting Difficulty In Shifting Transmission Problem
If the transmission does not shift smoothly in your Bombardier Traxter 500, here are a few things you can do to resolve the problem.
- Put more engine or transmission oil into your vehicle.
- Ensure that you are putting the correct type of oil.
- If the problem, persists and you suspect that the transmission system is damaged, please take your vehicle to reputable dealer and have it fixed.
6. Auto-shift Mode Refuses To Work
The auto-shift mode of a Bombardier Traxter 500, sometimes refuses to work. This is mainly caused by the following;
- Malfunctioning switch.
- Defective TPS sensor.
- Engine fault.
Troubleshooting Auto-shift Refuses To Work Problem
If the auto-shift of your Bombardier Traxter 500 refuses to work, you can use some of these techniques to fix the problem.
- If the TPS sensor is defective, check its connections and try to fix them.
- If either the switch or the engine are malfunctioning, please take your vehicle to a reputable dealer and have it fixed.
7. Transmission Lever Is Hard To Move
The transmission lever of a Bombardier Traxter 500 can be very hard to move. This problem is caused by the following;
- Engine idle speed might be set too high.
- CVT might be dirty or worn out.
Troubleshooting Transmission Lever Is Hard To Move Problem
If you are having a hard time moving the transmission lever of your Bombardier Traxter 500 please use the following methods to resolve the issue;
- Adjust idle speed if it is set too high.
- Take your vehicle to a reputable dealer to have the CVT cleaned or repaired.
Is Bombardier A Good Brand?
Yes, Bombardier is a good brand. Their vehicles are very durable and they are also very easy to maintain. So if you are thinking of getting an ATV from this brand please do not hesitate to do so.
Should You Buy Bombardier?
Yes, you can definitely buy Bombardier vehicles. They are safe and also very durable.
While, the Bombardier Traxter 500 might seem like a problematic ATV, it is actually one of the best ATVs you will find on the market. It is very durable and can last you a lifetime if you take good care of it.