Bobcat is known for making high quality track loaders however, these machines are also known to experience problems over time. In this article we are going to focus on particularly one model which is the T770. We will discuss some of the problems it usually experiences and how you can easily troubleshoot them at home.
Table of Contents
What Is Bobcat T770?
The Bobcat T770 is a compact track loader that has a 3.4 liter diesel engine. It also has an electric air inlet fan that helps to keep the engine compartment clean. The Bobcat T770 can be used for heavy lifting, truck loading and digging applications.
Bobcat T770 Problems
1. Starting Problems
One of the problems which you can experience with the Bobcat T770 is that the engine might refuse to start. This problem is usually influenced by different factors which you may need to look into;
- Lack of fuel in tank.
- Use of wrong or contaminated fuel.
- Defective or damaged pumps.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If your Bobcat is experiencing starting problems, here are a few things that you can do to help resolve the issue;
- Check your fuel tank to ensure that there is sufficient fuel.
- If you had inserted wrong or contaminated fuel, drain it and replace it with clean fuel.
- Check pumps and replace them if damaged.
2. Engine Overheats
The Bobcat T770 sometimes experiences problems with the engine which tends to overheat. This problem can be caused by several factors so you will need to investigate the problem yourself. Some of the problems which can cause engine overheating problems are;
- A blocked radiator or radiator fin.
- A damaged thermostat.
- Lack of engine coolant.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Bobcat T770 is overheating, here are a few things you can try to do in order to resolve the problem;
- Check the radiator and remove any debris or dirt that may be clogged inside.
- If thermostat has problems you will need to fix them.
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish if it is low.
3. Engine Smokes
The engine of a Bobcat T770 can start smoking and this can be a huge problem for you. A smoking engine is usually caused by any of the following factors;
- Blocked air filter.
- Defective injector or injector pump.
Troubleshooting Engine Smoking Problem
If the engine of your Bobcat T770 is smoking, there are a few things you can do to try and resolve the problem. Here are some of the techniques you can opt for;
- Check air filter and clean it if clogged.
- Install a new fuel injection system.
- If the problem persists, you should call an experienced mechanic to help you.
4. Seat Makes Noise
The seat of a Bobcat T770 can start making noises and this is usually uncomfortable for many users. The reason why the seat makes noise is because it is made of plastic, so plastic cannot absorb sound.
Troubleshooting Seat Makes Noise Problem
- Use sound proof material like Mass Load Vinyl to cover your seat.
5. Low Hydraulic Pressure
The Bobcat T770 sometimes experiences low hydraulic pressure. This then causes some components of the track loader to malfunction. Components like the boom and bucket can be very hard to navigate when there is low hydraulic pressure. Below are some factors that can cause low hydraulic pressure in your Bobcat T770;
- Leakages in the hydraulic pump.
- Leakages in valves, motors and cylinders.
Troubleshooting Low Hydraulic Pressure Problems
- Check the hydraulic pump and ensure that there are no leakages. If there are, you may need to fix them or replace the pump.
- Inspect the valves, motors and cylinders to ensure that there are no oil leakages.
6. Blocked Fuel Filter
The fuel filter of a Bobcat T770 sometimes gets clogged or blocked and this problem is usually caused by any of the following reasons;
- Use of poor quality fuel.
- Dirt and debris might have entered inside your fuel tank.
- Moisture buildup brought up by condensation in the fuel tank.
Troubleshooting Blocked Fuel Filter Problem
If you suspect that the fuel filter of your Bobcat T770 is blocked, here are a few methods you can try to help you resolve the issue;
- Drain old fuel from your tank and replace it with clean, fresh fuel.
- Clean fuel filter regularly in order to get rid of dirt or debris.
7. Fuel Starvation Problems
The Bobcat T770 may sometimes face fuel starvation problems and as a result, it will not switch on or function properly. The main causes of fuel starvation in Bobcat T770 are;
- Lack of oil in tractor.
- Lack of fuel or low levels of fuel in tank.
- Leakages in lift pump.
Troubleshooting Fuel Starvation Problems
If you notice that your tractor is facing fuel starvation problems, here are a few ways in which you can try to troubleshoot the problem;
- Check if there is enough oil in your tractor and replenish it if it’s low.
- Check fuel tank and add more fuel if the tank is empty.
- Check if there are any oil or fuel leakages in your tank and then fix them.
How To Prevent Bobcat T770 Problems
The best way to prevent Bobcat T770 problems is to regularly service the track loaders. This helps to ensure that minor problems are identified before they emanate into even bigger problems. It is also important that you take good care of your track loader so that it can last for a longer period of time without facing any issues.
How Much Horsepower Does A T770 Bobcat have?
A T770 Bobcat as a horsepower of 92 hp. This means that it is actually one of the strongest track loaders on the market and can be used to lift heavy things.
What Is The Difference Between Bobcat T770 and T750?
The main difference between a Bobcat T770 and T750 is that the T770 has a horsepower of 92 hp whereas the T750 has 85 hp.
The Bobcat T770 might see like a problematic machine but it is actually a very good track loader to own. It is important to note that most of the problems indicated above can be avoided if you regularly service your machine and take good care of it.