Anran is known for making some of the world’s most reliable CCTV systems in the world and because of this it has become a household name in the CCTV industry. However that doesn’t shield or mean the surveillance system will not have it’s share of problems. Today we will be looking at some of the most common Anran CCTV problems and how to effectively troubleshoot them before somebody takes advantage of the compromised surveillance system. So without further adue, here’s more on the Anran CCTV and its problems.
Table of Contents
What Is An Anran CCTV?
Anran CCTV is a type of surveillance system that uses cameras to record and monitor activity in a specific area. The Anran CCTV system consists of cameras, a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or Network Video Recorder (NVR), and cables to connect everything together. The cameras capture video footage, which is then stored on the DVR/NVR for later viewing. This system is great for security and surveillance reasons.
Anran CCTV Problems
1. Camera Not Working Issue
A common CCTV problem is a camera not working or not having an image to show. This can be caused by issues like;
- A faulty camera
- Bad wiring
- Faulty power supply
Troubleshooting Camera Not Working Issue
- Start by checking the connections between the camera and the DVR/NVR. Make sure all cables are securely connected and that the power supply is working.
- You may also need to check the camera settings on the DVR/NVR. Make sure the camera is configured correctly and that it is set to the correct channel.
- If the camera is still not working, try swapping it with a camera you know is working.
- If the problem persists, the camera may be faulty and will need to be replaced.
2. Night Vision And Image Issues
Night vision is an important feature of Anran CCTV systems, but it is not uncommon for some users to experience issues with it. This is usually due to;
- Damaged IR illuminators
- A dirty camera lens
- Wrong lens focus
Troubleshooting Night Vision And Image Issues
- Start by checking the camera’s infrared (IR) illuminators. Make sure they are turned on and that they are not obstructed by anything.
- If the lens is dirty, it will not be able to capture clear images. To clean the lens, use a soft, dry cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris.
- If the problem persists, you may need to adjust the camera’s focus or replace the camera altogether.
3. DVR/NVR Not Recording Issue
If your Anran CCTV system is not recording or you are having playback issues, there are a few things that cause this issue like;
- A full hard drive/ Full storage device
- Damaged hard drive
Troubleshooting DVR/NVR Not Recording Issue
- First you have to check the hard drive on your DVR/NVR to make sure it is not full. If it is, you will need to delete some footage to make room for new recordings.
- Another possible cause of recording or playback issues is a faulty hard drive. If the hard drive is faulty, you will need to replace it with a new one.
- You can also try resetting the DVR/NVR to its factory settings to see if that resolves the issue.
4. Network Or Remote Access Issues
A feature of Anran CCTV systems os that they can be accessed remotely over the internet, but users may run into problems with network or remote access due to;
- A faulty or weak internet connection
- Wrong router settings
Troubleshooting Network Or Remote Access Issues
- Start by checking your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable connection to the internet.
- Check the settings on your router to make sure that remote access is enabled. You may also need to configure what’s known as port forwarding on your router to allow access to your Anran CCTV system. However this is a complex step so do not hesitate to ask for the help of a professional technician.
5. Power Supply Or Wiring Problems
Power supply or wiring problems can cause a variety of issues with Anran CCTV systems, mainly due to the fact that the system would not work with;
- Faulty and/or damaged wiring
Troubleshooting Power Supply Or Wiring Problems
- Start by checking the power supply to your cameras and DVR/NVR. Make sure that all power cords are plugged in and that the outlets are working properly.
- Also check the wiring between the cameras and the DVR/NVR. Make sure that all cables are securely connected and that there are no breaks or damage to the wiring.
- If you are still having issues then you may need to consult with a professional technician to troubleshoot the problem.
How To Prevent Anran CCTV Problems
- Make sure the power supply is working as it should.
- Regularly clean the cameras.
- Make sure that all connections are secure.
- You should also update your system’s firmware and software as needed to keep it running smoothly.
- Choose a reputable and reliable technician to install and maintain your system. Make sure that the technician you choose has experience working with Anran CCTV systems and that they are properly licensed and insured.
How Many Cameras Can I Connect To My Anran CCTV?
The number of cameras you can connect to your Anran CCTV system largely depends on the model you have. Most Anran CCTV systems support a maximum of 16 cameras.
What Is The Warranty On Anran CCTV Systems?
Anran CCTV systems come with a one year warranty from the date of purchase.
Anran CCTV systems are a reliable and effective way to monitor and record activity in a specific area. Whether that is your home, business, etcetera. You can be sure that you will see everything even when you’re not around (provided there are no blind spots on the Anran CCTV system.) Just remember to have a professional CCTV installation technician with you so that the surveillance system is installed correctly without any worry of a subpar or mediocre installation. And remember to do regular maintenance checks on the Anran CCTV system to keep it working for longer.