The Kubota name reigns supreme when it comes to strong and reliable farming tractors. But is the Kubota M108S utility tractor any good? Well today we’ll be looking at some of the most common problems with this utilty tractor from Kubota in order to determine whether or not the Kubota M108S is worth all the trouble. So without further delay, here’s more on the Kubota M108S.
Table of Contents
What Is The Kubota M108S?
The Kubota M108S is a utility tractor that is designed for heavy-duty tasks such as plowing, tilling, and hauling. It is powered by a 108 horsepower engine and has a four-wheel drive system that provides excellent traction in all kinds of terrain. The utility tractor is equipped with a spacious cab that provides excellent visibility and comfort for the operator. The Kubota M108S is versatile and due to that it can be used for a wide range of tasks.
Kubota M108S Problems
1. Overheating Problem
One of the most common problems that farmers face while using the Kubota M108S is overheating. Overheating can cause serious damage to the engine and cause a serious decline in engine power. Overheating can occur due to reasons such as;
- A malfunctioning radiator
- A clogged air filter
- A faulty water pump
Troubleshooting The Overheating Problem
- You need to start by checking the radiator and the water pump. If there are any leaks or damages then you need to replace the affected parts immediately.
- You should also check the air filter and clean or replace it if necessary.
- It is also important to ensure that the utility tractor is not overloaded and that you are using the correct coolant.
2. Engine Oil Leaks
Another common problem that you may face while using the Kubota M108S utility tractor is engine oil leaks. Engine oil leaks can cause serious damage to the engine if not addressed promptly. Engine oil leaks can occur due to;
- Worn out gaskets
- Damaged seals
- Loose bolts
Troubleshooting The Engine Oil Leaks
- To fix engine oil leaks you need to start by identifying the source of the leak. Once you have identified the source then you need to replace the damaged gaskets or seals.
- You should also tighten any loose bolts.
3. Hydraulic Issues
Hydraulic issues can affect the utility tractor’s ability to lift heavy loads or operate attachments. Hydraulic issues can occur due to;
- A malfunctioning hydraulic pump
- Damaged hoses
- Clogged up filters
Troubleshooting The Hydraulic Issues
- You need to start by checking the hydraulic pump and replacing it if necessary.
- You should also check the hydraulic hoses and replace any damaged hoses.
- It is also important to clean or replace the hydraulic filters.
4. Electrical Problems
Electrical problems are another common problem that you can face while using the Kubota M108S utility tractor. Electrical problems can affect the tractor’s ability to start or operate attachments. Electrical problems can occur due to;
- A dead battery
- A faulty alternator
- Damaged wiring
Troubleshooting Electrical Problems
- You need to start by checking the battery and replacing or charging it if necessary.
- You should also check the alternator to see if it is working but if not then it will have to be replaced.
- It is also important to have the wiring checked by a Kubota technician or mechanic and have them replace any damaged wiring as it may come off as complicated for some users.
5. Transmission Issues
Transmission issues are another common problem that farmers face while using the Kubota M108S. This system is responsible for transmitting energy from the engine to the wheels of the utility tractor. Transmission issues can occur due to;
- A malfunctioning transmission pump
- Damaged gears
- Low transmission fluid
Troubleshooting The Transmission Issues
- You need to start by checking the transmission fluid level and adding more transmission fluid if necessary.
- You should also check that the transmission pump is not damaged and if it is replace it.
- It is also important to check the gears and replace any damaged gears.
- Sometimes you will need the help of a professional Kubota tractor mechanic to diagnose and fix most of the problems on this list because they may not be easy to spot, this can be especially true if your Kubota M108S utility tractor is malfunctioning but you cannot seem to find the area from which the problem is originating.
How To Prevent Problems With The Kubota M108S
- Perform regular maintenance checks on the cooling system, engine, hydraulic system, electrical system, and transmission system.
- Use genuine Kubota parts for repairs and replacements.
- Make sure to change the oil of your Kubota M108S utility tractor after a long period of usage.
- When the Kubota M108S has been dormant for a while, be sure to drain it of any fuel and use fresh fuel.
- Ensure that the tractor is not overloaded otherwise you may ruin some of its parts.
- Use the correct coolant, hydraulic fluid, and transmission fluid to ensure that the Kubota M108S utility tractor responds well to them.
- Store the Kubota M108S tractor in a dry and clean place.
- Lubricate all the moving parts on the utility tractor to ensure that they are not frayed or damaged due to a lack thereof.
How Much Does The Kubota M108S Tractor Cost?
The price of the Kubota M108S tractor varies depending on the dealer, location and added specifications. On average however the Kubota M108S utility tractor costs between $60 000 and $80 000.
What Is The Maximum Speed Of The Kubota M108S Tractor?
The maximum speed of the Kubota M108S utility tractor is 25 mph. Which is quite impressive for a tractor the size of the Kubota M108S.
The Kubota M108S utility tractor is great because it can perform a wide range of tasks on the field. However like any other farming equipment it is not immune to problems. Overheating, engine oil leaks, hydraulic issues, electrical problems, and transmission issues are just some of the common problems that farmers face while using the Kubota M108S tractor. You will need regular maintenance and some serviscing repairs to help prevent these problems and ensure that the tractor operates smoothly and efficiently.