Before buying any pressure washer it is important to research on some of the common faults which you may encounter whilst using it. Below we look at some of the most common Karcher K2 pressure washer faults and how you can easily resolve them at home.
Table of Contents
What Is A Karcher K2 Pressure Washer?
A Karcher K2 pressure washer is a machine that is used for cleaning purposes. It provides the perfect pressure for any surface that you will be cleaning. The Karcher K2 pressure washer can be used to clean muddy bikes, dirty garden furniture or even indoor equipment.
Karcher K2 Pressure Washer Problems
1. Appliance Does Not Run
One of the common faults which you may encounter with a Karcher K2 pressure washer is that the appliance may refuse to run. In this case you will have to use the following techniques in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Check if the voltage that is indicated on the type plate goes hand in hand with the voltage of the mains supply.
- Check if the mains supply cable is damaged and try to fix it.
- Pull the lever of the trigger gun and the pressure washer will turn on.
2. No Detergent In Feed
Another common fault which you may experience with a Karcher K2 pressure washer is that detergent may refuse to get inside. When this happens you can try the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Clean the detergent hose suction hose filter.
- Check the detergent suction hose for any kinks.
3. Pressure Does Not Build Up In The Appliances
Sometimes pressure does not build up in a Karcher K2 washer and this often affects performance of the machine. In order to resolve the issue you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Switch the pressure washer on with the high pressure hose detached. Operate the machine for about 2 minutes until water starts coming out without bubbles. Switch off the machine and then reconnect the high pressure hose.
- There might be a problem with your water supply so you need to check it.
- Clean the sieve under running water.
4. Pressure Fluctuates
The Karcher K2 pressure washer has a common problem of experiencing challenges with fluctuating pressure of the machine. In order to resolve this problem you can try any of the following techniques;
- Check the amount of water that is flowing into your pressure washer.
- Clean the high pressure nozzle using a needle and rinse it using water.
5. Appliance Leaks
The Karcher K2 pressure washer has a common fault of leaking and leakages are often from the pump. However, if you notice that your Karcher K2 pressure washer is leaking excessively you will need to contact an authorized repairer to help you resolve the issue.
The Karcher K2 pressure washer has a common fault of vibrating and this problem occurs when there is insufficient water flow or when the hose has kinks. In order to resolve this problem you can try implementing the following techniques;
- Check whether the tap is fully opened and ensure that water is getting into the pressure washer.
- Remove any kinks that may be on the hose.
7. Appliance Cuts Out Whilst In Use
The Karcher K2 pressure washer has a problem of cutting out whilst in use. In order to troubleshoot the problem you can try any of the following troubleshooting in order to resolve the issue;
- Check whether the plug is connected properly into the mains power supply.
- Check if voltage of your appliance is compatible with the voltage of your mains power supply.
8. Oil Leaks
Another common fault experienced by Karcher K2 pressure washers is that the oil tends to leak from the water pump. In order to resolve the problem you should do the following;
- Call a licensed Karcher pressure washer repairer to help you resolve the issue. If you try fixing the problem by yourself you can end up worsening the situation.
Causes Of Karcher K2 Pressure Washer Faults
Overuse Of The Appliance
If you constantly use the Karcher K2 pressure washer there is a good chance it will develop some of the problems indicated in this article. Therefore, it is important that you limit your usage of the appliance. You should only use it when there is a need and also turn it off if you are not using it.
Poor maintenance can also cause your Karcher K2 pressure washer to face these common faults. So you should ensure that you are properly caring for your appliance so that it can last you a lifetime.
Wear And Tear
This is also another cause of faults in Karcher K2 pressure washers. Every appliance or machine is susceptible to wear and tear and it is very important that as an owner of a pressure washer you accept that. Once your pressure washer starts facing problems because of wear and tear it is best to start looking for another pressure washer since trying to fix the problems can result in you parting with a lot of money.
Why Is My Karcher K2 Pulsing When In Use?
Your Karcher K2 may be pulsing when in use because there is not enough water reaching your pressure washer. It could also be because the hose is kinked or leaking. In order to troubleshoot this problem it is imperative that you always check your water supply and ensure that your hose is not kinked or does not have any leaks.
Why Is My Karcher Losing Power?
Your Karcher may be losing power because the unloader valve may be calibrated wrongly. In order to resolve the issue you should try to check your manual and recalibrate the unloader valve.
Every pressure washer has its problems and the Karcher K2 is no exception. In this article we have highlighted some of the most common Karcher K2 pressure washer problems and how you can easily resolve them. It is important to note that these problems do not happen regularly so do not be scared to purchase it.