There are many different types of hyper tough weed eaters that you will find on the market and regardless of which brand you will purchase, there are certain problems that are found across all of these machines. Below we look at some of the most common hyper tough weed eater problems and how you can easily resolve them.
Table of Contents
What Is A Hyper Tough Weed Eater?
A hyper tough weed eater also known as a string trimmer or a bush cutter is a machine that is used to cut grass or weeds. This machine can be found in different versions and some of them are usually powered by either gasoline, battery or electricity.
Hyper Tough Weed Eater Problems
1. Starting Problems
One of the nost common problems which you may experience with a hyper tough weed eater is that is may refuse to start. This problem usually occurs when the following things happen;
- There might be no fuel in the tank.
- There might be old or contaminated fuel in the tank.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If your hyper tough weed eater is experiencing starting problems you can try the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Check if there is enough fuel in the tank and replenish it if it is finished.
- If you had added old or contaminated fuel into your machine you should drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
2. Engine Stalls
Another common problem experienced by hyper tough weed eaters is that the engines usually start stalling once the machine has been switched on. This problem usually occurs when the following things happen;
- The spark arrestor may be blocked.
- Carburetor may be clogged.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
When the engine of your hyper tough weed eater starts stalling you should implement the following techniques in order to help resolve the issue;
- If the spark arrestor is blocked you need to brush off any impurities that may be blocked inside. If this does not help you will have to replace the spark arrestor.
- Clean the carburetor if it is dirty and if it is damaged you will need to replace it with a new one.
3. Fuel Leaks
You may also experience fuel leakages on a gasoline powered hyper tough weed eater. This problem happens when the following things take place;
- The tank cap may be broken.
- The fuel line may be leaking.
Troubleshooting Fuel Leaks Problem
When you notice that your hyper tough weed eater is leaking fuel you should try the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- If the tank cap is broken you need to replace it with a new one and ensure that it fits perfectly.
- Try to seal any leakages that may be on the fuel lines.
A hyper tough weed eater can start smoking and this is usually a sign that something has gone extremely wrong. If you see your machine smoking it is usually caused by the following;
- There might be contaminated fuel in the tank.
- The machine may be damaged.
Troubleshooting Smoking Problem
When your hyper tough weed eater starts smoking you should try the following methods in order to resolve the problem;
- Drain contaminated fuel from your tank and replace it with clean fuel.
- If the machine is damaged you need to take it to a reputable dealer and have it fixed.
5. Cutting Line Does Not Advance
This problem usually occurs on hyper tough weed eaters that are battery or electrically powered. The problem us caused by the following;
- The line may have run out.
- The line may be tangled on a spool.
Troubleshooting Cutting Line Does Not Advance Problem
When the cutting line of your hyper tough weed eater does not advance you should try the following in order to resolve the problem;
- If the line has run out you need to replace the spool or spool line.
- If the line is tangled you need to unwind and rewind the spool in order to ensure that the line is not tangled up.
6. Motor Does Not Start When Switch Is Triggered
The motor of battery powered hyper tough weed eaters can refuse to start once the switch is triggered. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- Battery may not be secured properly.
- Battery may not be fully charged.
Troubleshooting Motor Does Not Start When Switch Is Triggered Problem
When the motor of your hyper tough weed eater refuses to switch on you should try the following in order to resolve the problem;
- Check battery connections and ensure that the battery is properly secured.
- Recharge the battery and ensure that it is fully charged before use.
Causes Of Hyper Tough Weed Eater Problems
One of the main causes of hyper tough weed eater problems is excessive use of the machine. If you use this machine for prolonged hours without giving it enough time to rest, it will definitely develop most of the problems indicated above. Therefore, you should try to limit your usage of this machine.
Wear And Tear
Another cause of hyper tough weed eater problems is wear and tear. It is normal for these machines to start deteriorating overtime. Therefore, it is important to replace worn out parts with new ones.
What Causes A Weed Eat To Lose Power?
A weed eater can lose power if the air filter is dirty or when you add contaminated or wrong fuel inside. A weak battery can also cause a weed eater to lose power.
What Not To Do With A Weed Eater?
Avoid operating a weed eater in areas where there are rocks or stones as this may compromise the cutting perfomance of the machine.
Hyper tough weed eaters are very common machines that have definitely made cutting grass easier, and while they may face slight problems from time to time it is worth noting that they are very reliable. If you are thinking of purchasing a hyper tough weed eater you should definitely go ahead with your plan. It will definitely save you the hustle of having to use a lawn mower and it is also very easy to operate.