The HappiJac bed lift is a system that allows you to raise and lower your RV bed with the push of a button. This is particularly useful in RVs where space is at a premium, as it allows you to use the space beneath your bed for storage or other purposes. HappiJac bed lifts are known for their durability and reliability, but like any mechanical system they can experience problems and in this article we’ll be taking a look at what those are. Let’s find out more.
Table of Contents
What Is A HappiJac Bed Lift?
The HappiJac bed lift is a system that allows you to raise and lower your RV bed. The system consists of a motor, a switch and a set of cables that run from the motor to the bed platform. When you activate the switch, the motor turns thus winding the cables and lifting the bed. When you want to lower the bed, you simply reverse the process. This not only seems fun but also helps save tremendous amounts of space within your RV, thus making it a must-have for most RV owners.
HappiJac Bed Lift Problems
1. Bed Lift Not Working
The most common issue with HappiJac bed lifts is that they simply won’t work, this can be one of the most concerning problems you will ever face with the bed lift. When this happens it may be due to things like;
- A faulty power source
- A blown fuse
- Loose wires
Troubleshooting The Bed Lift Not Working Problem
- First check the power source and make sure that your RV is plugged in or that your battery is fully charged.
- A blown fuse can cause the bed lift to stop working so you may have to replace it. Be sure to get a fuse with the same rating to ensure the proper function of the HappiJac bed lift.
- Look for any loose connections or damaged wires. If everything looks good then the problem may be with the motor or the switch. Which you will have to get replaced.
2. Bed Lift Motor Problem
A HappiJac bed lift motor is essential for the entire funtionality of the system. If the bed lift motor is the problem then it may be due to;
- Faulty wiring or blown fuse
- A stuck motor
Troubleshooting The Bed Lift Motor Problem
- First make sure that the motor is getting power. If it’s not then check the wiring and the fuse and if the motor is getting power but still isn’t working, it may be damaged and need to be replaced.
- If the bed lift motor is stuck then you should try manually turning the motor shaft with a wrench. This may free up the motor and get it working again.
3. Bed Lift Switch Issue
If the bed lift switch is the problem then you may not be able to raise or lower the HappiJac bed lift as needed. This problem is likely due to;
- Faulty wire connections
- A damaged switch
Troubleshooting The Bed Lift Switch Issue
- Make sure that all connections are tight and that there are no damaged wires. If there are any then you may have to get a professional RV technician to repair them.
- Try cleaning the switch contacts with a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol. If this doesn’t work then the switch may need to be replaced.
4. Remote Control Issue
Some HappiJac bed lift systems come with a remote control. If you’re having problem with the remote then it may be due to;
- A dead battery
- A damaged remote control
Troubleshooting The Remote Control Issue
- You should make sure that the battery is fully charged and that it’s inserted correctly into the remote.
- You should also try resetting the remote by removing the battery or holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
- If none of these steps work then the remote may be damaged and need to be completely replaced. Be sure to get an authentic HappiJac bed lift remote to avoid problems down the line.
5. Bed Lift Wiring Problem
If all of the other components of the system are working fine but you’re still experiencing problems then the issue may be with the HappiJac bed lift’s wiring.
Troubleshooting The Bed Lift Wiring Problem
- Look for any loose connections or damaged wires. If you find any then you should try tightening the connections or replacing the damaged wires. It’s also a good idea to check the wiring harness for any signs of damage or wear.
- Make sure to get help from a professional RV technician to avoid further damaging the HappiJac bed lift system.
How To Prevent HappiJac Bed Lift Problems
- Be sure to regularly inspect the wiring and connections for damage or wear.
- Also make sure to keep the bed lift mechanism clean and free of debris.
- Lubricate the bed lift cables and pulleys with a recommended silicone spray.
- Always use the HappiJac bed lift system only for its intended purpose.
Can I Repair My HappiJac Bed Lift System Myself?
While some repairs can be done by RV owners, it’s generally recommended to have a professional handle any repairs or replacements. This is particularly true if the problem involves the motor or wiring.
How Long Do HappiJac Bed Lift Systems Typically Last?
HappiJac bed lift systems are known for their durability and can last for many years with proper maintenance. However, like any mechanical system they will eventually wear out and need to be replaced.
A HappiJac bed lift system can be a great addition to your RV, but many problems can arise with it. Remember to always prioritize safety and consult a professional if you’re unsure about any repairs or replacements because the HappiJac bed lift could be a great addition to your RV if kept well maintained. It provides convenience and allows users to better use the small spaces within their RVs. It is important that you do not use the bed lift for something other than bed lifting to kept it functional for many years to come.