Case IH is known for producing quality tractors however, even the best tractors are known to experience problems overtime. Below we look at some of the most common experienced by Case IH tractors specifically the 75A.
Table of Contents
What Is Case IH 75A?
The Case IH 75A also known as the Farmall 75A is a utility tractor that was manufactured by Case IH in India. This tractor has a gross engine power of 75hp and a 3.2L, 4 cylinder diesel engine. The Case IH 75A tractor has a hydrostatic power steering and a mechanical rear differential lock.
Case IH 75A Problems
NB: Case IH 75A tractors are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems highlighted below are usually influenced by wear and tear or human error.
1. Starting Problems
One of the problems which you may experience with a Case IH 75A tractor is that the engine may refuse to start. This problem is usually caused by a number of factors some of which include;
- Lack of fuel in tank
- Use of contaminated or wrong fuel.
- A weak or dead battery.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
If you notice that the engine of your Case IH 75A tractor will not start, you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Check fuel levels and replenish it if low.
- If you had added contaminated or wrong fuel into your tank, drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
- Recharge your battery if it is low. If the battery is damaged you need to purchase a new one.
2. Engine Overheats
Another problem which you may encounter with a Case IH 75A tractor is that the engine may overheat. This problem happens when any of the following things occur;
- There might be low coolant in your engine.
- Fan belt may be loose or worn out.
- Radiator may be dirty.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Case IH 75A tractor has started overheating you can try any of the following techniques in order to solve the issue;
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low.
- If the fan belt is loose tighten it, but if it is worn out you need to replace it.
- Clean radiator if it is dirty.
3. Poor Engine Performance
The engine of a Case IH 75A tractor can start performing poorly and this problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- Battery may be weak.
- Air filter may be clogged.
- Air might be trapped inside the fuel line.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
When the engine of your Case IH 75A tractor starts performing poorly you can try the following methods in order to help resolve the issue;
- Check battery voltage and recharge if it is low.
- If air filter is clogged you need to clean it.
- Bleed the engine if air is trapped inside.
4. Motor Does Not Crank
The motor of a Case IH 75A may refuse to crank. This problem usually occurs when any of the following happen;
- You may have used the wrong type of fuel.
- The drive high pressure fuel pump may be broken.
- Fuel inject pump timing may be incorrect.
Troubleshooting Motor Does Not Crank Problem
If you notice that the diesel engine motor of your Case IH 75A is not cranking you can try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Check if you used the correct fuel. If you had not, you should drain it out and replace it with the correct fuel.
- Replace the fuel pump if it is broken.
- Adjust the fuel injection timing if it is wrongly set.
5. Steering Wheel Problems
The steering wheel of a Case IH 75A can start rotating too easily such that you will have a hard time controlling the tractor. This problem is caused by any of the following factors;
- There might be not enough steering oil in your tractor.
- Power steering pump may be defective.
- Steering cylinder may be malfunctioning.
Troubleshooting Steering Wheel Problems
If you notice that the steering wheel of your Case IH 75A is giving you problems, try using any of the following techniques in order ro resolve the problem;
- Check oil levels and replenish it if low.
- If the power steering pump is defective you need to replace it.
- If the steering cylinder is malfunctioning you need to have it replaced.
6. Engine Smokes
The engine of a Case IH 75A can start smoking excessively and in most cases it releases white smoke. This problem is usually caused by any of the following;
- Piston rings may be worn out or damaged.
- Air filter may be blocked.
Troubleshooting Engine Smokes Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Case IH 75A is smoking excessively you can try any of the following in order to resolve the issue;
- Replace piston rings if they are worn out or damaged.
- Clean or replace the air filter if it is blocked.
Causes Of Case IH 75A Problems
One of the main causes of Case IH 75A problems is poor maintenance of the tractor. If you are someone who does not regularly check the engine of your tractor, there is a chance that it will develop most of these problems. You should also make it a habit of regularly servicing your tractor.
Wear And Tear
Another common cause of Case IH 75A tractor problems is wear and tear. These tractors are prone to wear and tear and as such it is important to always replace worn out parts with new ones.
Is Case A Good Tractor?
Yes, Case is a good brand of tractors. They are very durable and reliable so you will definitely be getting value for your money.
Where Is Case 75A Made?
Case 75A is made in India.
Case IH is known for making quality tractors and while the 75A may seem problematic its worth noting that these problems do not happen regularly. If you are looking to buy the Case IH 75A do not let the problems indicated above derail you from doing so.