Knowing which problems you ATV is most likely to face in the future can put you in a better position of preparing for them. This article focuses on some of the most common TGB Blade 1000 problems and how you can easily resolve them.
Table of Contents
What Is TGB Blade 1000?
The TGB Blade 1000 is an All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) that has a four stroke single cylinder, SOHC EFI engine. This ATV has a horsepower of 60.9kW and an electric front and rear differential lock. The TGB Blade 1000 ATV is very durable and reliable so you will be getting value for your money.
TGB Blade 1000 Problems
1. Engine Overheats
One of the most common TGB Blade 1000 problems is that the engine tends to overheat. This problem is usually caused by a number of factors, some of which include;
- Lack of engine coolant or oil. Therefore, you need to refill these two.
- Overuse of choke, thus you should limit your use of the choke.
2. Engine Backfires
The engine of a TGB Blade 1000 backfires sometimes. This problem is usually caused by a number of factors as listed below;
- Use of old or incorrect fuel. Therefore, always drain old fuel and replace it with the correct fresh fuel.
- Loose spark plug or ignition connections. Therefore, always ensure that all connections are tightly secured.
3. Engine Cranks But Does Not Start
Another common problem which you will encounter with the TGB Blade 1000 ATV is that the engine may crank but fails to start. This problem is usually caused by a number of factors. Below we look at some of these causes and how you can troubleshoot tem at home.
- Stop switch might be off and as a result you need to turn it on.
- There might not be any fuel in the tank and as a result you have to check and put more clean fuel in the tank.
- The fuel valve might be off so you need to put it back on.
- The fuel valve may be clogged and you may need to unclog it.
- There might be water in the fuel so you have to drain the fuel from the tank and put clean fuel.
- Spark plug might be faulty or damaged so you need to check it and then replace with a new one if it is damaged.
4. Engine Loses Power
Sometimes the engine of a TGB Blade 1000 might lose power whilst you are driving and this can be caused by a number of things. Here are some of the things you need to look out for and address.
- Your fuel tank might be empty so you need to start by checking it and then adding more fuel.
- Your fuel might be contaminated with water so make sure you drain it and replace it with new fuel.
- You might have overused the choke so you need to limit your use of the choke.
- Reverse speed limiter might have malfunctioned so you need to have it fixed.
- The electronic throttle control may have malfunctioned so you need a reputable dealer to fix it.
5. Engine Smokes
The TGB Blade 1000 ATV has a problem of smoking excessively. This is usually caused by a number of reasons some of which include;
- Dirty air filter, thus you must always clean your air filter.
- Dirty or contaminated fuel in the tank. Therefore, always drain old or dirty fuel and replace it with clean fuel.
- Dirty carburetor, so you may need to clean the carburetor.
6. Engine Suddenly Stops
Another common problem that the TGB Blade 1000 may develop overtime is that the engine just stops all of a sudden, without any warning. This problem is influenced by many factors. Below we look at the factors and how you can resolve the problem.
- The fuel line might be clogged or blocked so you may need to unclog it.
- Spark plug may be faulty and as a result you need to have it checked or replaced.
- Engine might have overheated so you have to let it cool down and then check the engine coolant and oil to see if they are still available.
- Fuel might be contaminated and as a result you need to drain it and put new fuel.
- Air filter might be clogged so you need to unclog it.
7. Engine Misfires
The engine of a TGB Blade 1000 ATV can sometimes misfire. This problem is influenced by the following factors;
- Fouled or damaged spark plug, therefore you will need to replace it with a new one.
- Loose ignition connections, so you need to tighten them.
- Low battery voltage, so you should recharge the battery.
- Clogged air filter and you need to clean or replace the air filter.
- Water present in fuel so you should drain the fuel and replace it with clean fuel.
How To Avoid TGB Blade 1000 Problems
The best way to avoid TGB Blade 1000 ATV problems is to regularly service your vehicle. This helps to ensure that problems are detected earlier before they turn into a bigger issue. Furthermore, you should always maintain and care for your vehicle so that it can last you for a number of years.
Are TGB Quad Bikes Any Good?
TGB quad bikes are very good. They are made using quality materials and the engine is also very strong. If you are thinking of purchasing a quad bike you should definitely consider getting the TGB one.
Do Quad Bikes Have Engines?
Yes quad bikes have engines. These engines are usually very strong and they enable the quad bike to function as a whole.
Do Quad Bikes Have Brakes?
Yes quad bikes have brakes which you can use when you want to stop or slow down.
While the TGB Blade 1000 ATV may seem problematic, its actually one of the best ATV’s available on the market. The problems listed in this article are as a result of wear and tear, so as long as you take good care of your ATV and service it regularly, you might not even face any of the above stated problems.