Every motorcycle has its problems and the Kawasaki Concours 1000 is no exception. In this article we discuss some of the most common Kawasaki 1000 problems and how they can easily be resolved.
Table of Contents
What Is Kawasaki Concours 1000?
The Kawasaki Concours 1000 is a touring motorcycle that is powered by a 997cc liquid cooled, 4 stroke engine. This motorcycle also has a fuel capacity of 7.5 gallons. Kawasaki Concours 1000 motorcycles are very durable and reliable and they were produced by Kawasaki between 1986 to2006.
Kawasaki Concours 1000 Problems
NB: Kawasaki Concours 1000 motorcycles are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems indicated below are usually influenced by wear and tear or human error.
1. Engine Overheats
One of the problems which you may experience with a Kawasaki Concours 1000 motorcycle is that the engine may start to overheat. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things occur;
- The fan belt may be worn out or damaged.
- There might be leakages in the cooling system.
- The hoses may be worn out or damaged.
- Radiator may be clogged or damaged.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Kawasaki Concours 1000 motorcycle is overheating you can try the following in order to resolve the issue;
- Replace the fan belt if it is worn out or damaged.
- Check for leakages in the cooling system and try to seal them.
- Replace hoses if they are worn out or damaged.
- Clean radiator if it is clogged. If it is damaged you need to replace it.
2. Poor Engine Performance
The engine of a Kawasaki Concours 1000 can sometimes start stalling or performing poorly. This problem happens when any of the following things occur;
- There might not be any fuel in the tank.
- You may have added the wrong fuel type or contaminated fuel.
- Clutch lever may have too much free play.
- Battery may not be properly connected.
- Engine may have overheated.
Troubleshooting Poor Engine Performance Problem
If you notice that the engine of your Kawasaki Concours 1000 is performing poorly, feel free to try any of the following techniques in order to resolve the issue;
- Check whether there is enough fuel in your tank and replenish it of low.
- Check whether you have added the correct fuel into your tank, if not you will need to drain it and replace with the correct, clean fuel.
- Adjust the clutch lever so that it does not have too much free play.
- Check and ensure that battery is properly connected.
- If engine has overheated, check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low. You should also consider checking the fan belt in order to ensure that it is still functional.
3. Engine Does Not Start
The engine of a Kawasaki Concours 1000 may sometimes refuse to start. This problem is usually caused by a number of things, some of which include;
- Lack of fuel in tank.
- There might be stale fuel in tank.
- Fuel injection system may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Engine Does Not Start Problem
When you notice that the engine of your Kawasaki Concours 1000 motorcycle is not starting you should try the following techniques in order to try and resolve this problem;
- Check if there is enough fuel in your tank and replenish it if it is low.
- If there is stale fuel in your tank you should drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
- If the ignition system is faulty it is best to take your motorcycle to a Kawasaki dealer to have it fixed.
Causes Of Kawasaki Concours 1000 Problems
Wear And Tear
One of the main causes of Kawasaki Concours 1000 problems is wear and tear of the motorcycle. All motorcycles are prone to age overtime and when this happens the motorcycle will start experiencing problems. In order to prevent this from happening it is very important that you replace any worn out components or parts with new ones.
Another common cause of Kawasaki Concours 1000 problems is excessive use of the motorcycle. Although the Kawasaki Concours 1000 is a touring motorcycle that is designed for traveling long distances, it is important to note that excessive use of the motorcycle can cause most of the problems indicated above.
If you are someone who cannot maintain your motorcycle it will definitely experience most of the problems indicated in this article. Therefore, it is very important that you regularly service and maintain your motorcycle. This means inspecting the engine before every use so that you can replenish the oil or engine coolant. It also gives you a chance to check the battery connections and wirings.
How To Avoid Kawasaki Concours 1000 Problems
If you want to prevent your Kawasaki Concours 1000 tractor from experiencing most of the problems indicated in this article it is very important that you regularly service your motorcycle. This helps to ensure that small problems are identified earlier before they turn into something big. It is also of paramount importance to check your engine or condition of your motorcycle before and after every use. If you suspect that your motorcycle has a problem you should discontinue using it until the issue has been resolved.
What Is The Top Speed Of A Kawasaki Concours 1000cc?
The top speed of a Kawasaki Concours 1000 is 120mph. So if you are looking for a fast motorcycle, this one qould be a decent option to go with.
Is The Kawasaki Concours Comfortable?
The Kawasaki Concours is comfortable and you will not really face any problems with it. So if you are looking for a touring motorcycle that is comfortable, the Kawasaki Concours 1000 is q good option.
The Kawasaki Concours 1000 may seem like a problematic motorcycle but that is not the case. The problems indicated above do not happen regularly so do not be scared to purchase this motorcycle. If you experience problems with a motorcycle you can always refer to the above troubleshooting guide in order to figure out the problem.