Knowing which problems your tractor is most likely to face can help you to better prepare for solving them. In this article we discuss some of the most common White Outdoor lawn mower problems and how you can easily troubleshoot them
Table of Contents
What Is A White Outdoor Lawn Mower?
A White Outdoor lawn mower is a riding mower that is equipped either with a Kohler engine or a Briggs and Straton engine. This lawn tractor has a horsepower of 20hp and a hydrostatic transmission. The White Outdoor lawn mower has a mulching and side discharge feature.
White Outdoor Lawn Mower Problems
NB: White Outdoor lawn mowers are sold without any malfunctioning parts and the problems indicated below are usually influenced by wear and tear or human error.
1. Uneven Cutting
One of the problems you may encounter is that the White Outdoor lawn mower can start cutting grass unevenly. This problem is usually influenced by the following;
- Blades may be worn out or bent.
- Blades may be loose.
- Mower deck may not be level.
- There might be a build up of grass or dirt under the mower.
Troubleshooting Uneven Cutting Problem
When your White Outdoor lawn mower is cutting grass unevenly you should implement the following in order to resolve the problem;
- Replace the blades if they are worn out or bent.
- Tighten blades if they are loose.
- Level mower deck if it is not level.
- Remove any grass or dirt that may be trapped under the mower.
2. Engine Overheats
When you own a White Outdoor lawn mower there is a chance that the engine may overheat. This problem may occur when any of the following happen;
- There might be no coolant in your engine.
- The starter may be damaged.
- Radiator may be clogged.
Troubleshooting Engine Overheats Problem
When the engine of your White Outdoor lawn mower starts overheating you can try any of the following methods in order to try and resolve the issue;
- Check engine coolant levels and replenish it if low.
- If the starter is damaged you will need to replace it with a new one.
- If the radiator is clogged you need to clean it.
3. Engine Stalls
Another problem which you may experience with a White Outdoor lawn mower is that the engine may start stalling without any warning. This problem usually occurs when any of the following things happen;
- Air filter may be dirty or clogged.
- Gas tank cap may be defective.
- Spark plug may be worn out or damaged.
- Belt may be faulty.
Troubleshooting Engine Stalls Problem
If the engine of your White Outdoor lawn mower is stalling all of a sudden you can try any of the following techniques in order to try and resolve the problem;
- If the air filter is dirty or clogged you need to clean it.
- If the gas tank cap is defective you need to replace it with a new one.
- If the belt is faulty you can either fix or replace it.
4. Mower Vibrates
Another problem which you may encounter with a White Outdoor lawn mower is that it may start vibrating excessively. This problem is usually triggered by the following;
- Blade may be damaged.
- The blade may be unbalanced.
Troubleshooting Mower Vibrates Problem
When you notice that your White Outdoor lawn mower is vibrating excessively you should try the following methods in order to solve the problem;
- Replace damaged blades with new ones.
- If the blade is unbalanced you need to contact an authorized dealer to have it fixed.
5. Mower Does Not Mulch Grass
The White Outdoor lawn mower may experience problems with mulching grass. This problem happens when the following events take place;
- Blades may be dull.
- Grass may be wet.
- Grass may be too high.
Troubleshooting Mower Does Not Mulch Grass
If your White Outdoor lawn mower is having a difficult time mulching grass you should try the following in order to resolve the problem;
- Sharpen or replace blades if they are dull.
- Ensure grass is dry before cutting.
- Adjust the cutting height.
You may experience starting problems with a White Outdoor lawn mower. This problem is mainly caused by the following;
- Lack of fuel in tank.
- Use of old or contaminated fuel in the tank.
- Engine blockage.
- Loose or dirty spark plug.
- Damaged spark plug.
- Flooded engine.
Troubleshooting Starting Problems
When you notice that your White Outdoor lawn mower is experiencing starting problems you should implement the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- Check fuel levels and replenish it if low.
- If you had added old or contaminated fuel you need to drain it out and replace it with clean fuel.
- If there is a blockage in the engine you should clean all filters.
- Tighten spark plug is loose and clean all terminals.
- Replace spark plug if it is damaged.
- Wait for 20 minutes before starting the engine if it is flooded.
Another problem you may encounter with a White Outdoor lawn mower is that the engine may backfire whilst you are in the process of operating it. This problem usually happens when the following factors are present;
- You may have added the wrong oil into the machine.
- The carburettor may be damaged.
Troubleshooting Engine Backfires Problem
If your White Outdoor lawn mower is backfiring you should try the following techniques in order to resolve the problem;
- You need to conduct an oil change if you had added the wrong oil into your mower.
- Replace carburettor if it is damaged.
What Is The Disadvantage Of Lawn Mowers?
The disadvantage of lawn mowers is that they are a bit expensive and they are prone to wear and tear. Therefore you may need to constantly replace worn out parts with new ones.
The White Outdoor lawn mower is very reliable and durable and while the problems listed above can give the wrong impression, it is important to remember that every ride on mower has its own problems. If you are thinking of purchasing this mower you should definitely do so, you will get value for your money.