Finding the perfect pool pump can be a daunting task especially since there are so many models available on the market. In this article we are going to be discussing about 2 of the most popular pool pumps from Pentair which are the Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056. We will look at what each pump has to offer and which one might be best suited for your house.
Table of Contents
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Comparison Table
|Pentair 011028||Pentair 011056|
|Dimensions||23.3 x 10.8 x 12.4 inches||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Weight||49.7 pounds||51.9 pounds|
|Horsepower||3 horsepower||1 horsepower|
|Energy Saving Rate||75%-90%||90%|
|Speed||450 RPM to 3 450 RPM||450 RPM to 3 450 RPM|
|Availability||Bit tricky to get a hold of||Usually in stock|
|Price||Check Price On Amazon||Check Price On Amazon|
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Design
One of the major difference between the Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 is their design. In terms of size, the Pentair 011028 is a bit longer as it has dimensions which measure 23.3 x 10.8 x 12.4 inches, whereas the Pentair 011056 measures 1 x 1 x 1 inches. In terms of weight, the Pentair 011056 weighs more than the Pentair 011028. So if you are looking for a lighter pool pump, it might be better to settle for the Pentair 011028 although the difference in weight can be a bit insignificant.
The Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 both have built in timers and 8 programmable settings. This means that they are able run at optimum speed and also calculate the duration. So if you are looking for a pool pump that has speed and a timer, you are better off purchasing any of the 2 since they have the same functions.
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Price
Another noticeable difference between the Pentair 011028 and 011056 is the price. The Pentair 011028 is a bit more expensive with a price tag of about $1 859 whereas the Pentair 011056 usually costs about $1 777. So if you are looking for something that is on the cheaper side, you might as well opt for the Pentair 011056.
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Energy Saving Rate
The Pentair 011056 is more of an energy saver pump as compared to the Pentair 011028. This is mainly because, the Pentair 011056 was designed to meet strict energy efficiency criteria set up by the US Department of energy. So if you are using a Pentair 011056 pool pump, you are expected to save 90% more energy than you would save when using a regular pool pump. With the Pentair 011028, you are only expected to save between 75% to 90% power. So if you are looking for a pool pump that is very energy efficient, the Pentair 011056 would be a better option for you.
In terms of power, the Pentair 011028 is a 3 horsepower pump whereas the Pentair 011056 is a 1 horsepower pump. So when it comes to comparing which pump has more speed or power, the Pentair 011028 wins the case however, it still isn’t a complete energy saver, so it might be best for you to go for a pump that has less power, but is an energy saver.
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Speed
The Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 both run at a speed which is between 450 RPM to 3 450 RPM. So if you are looking for speed, you can just purchase either of the pumps since they have the same speed. You are able to adjust the speed based on your preferences and both pumps have 8 programmable speed settings. However, with a Pentair 011056 you are also able to control the flow rate which is something you cannot do on the Pentair 011028. Controlling the flow rate helps especially when your filter starts to get dirty. So if you are looking for something that can control the speed and flow rate, you can consider getting the Pentair 011056.
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Availability
When it comes to availability, the Pentair 011056 is usually available in stock as compared to the Pentair 011028. So if you don’t want to have troubles with spare parts in the future, you are better off purchasing the Pentair 011056 since it is usually available in different stores. Furthermore, it is actually cheaper than the Pentair 011028.
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Noise
The Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 are all known to make minimum noise when they are being used. The Pentair 011028 is known to produce 45 decibels which is about 4 times quieter than traditional pumps. The noise rating on the Pentair 011056 is also quiet good although, the manufacturer did not quiet specify how many decibels it produces per minute. So if you are looking for a pump that does not make a lot of noise, you can always opt for any of these 2 pumps since, they both have a fantastic noise rating.
Pentair 011028 Pros
- One of the advantages of purchasing the Pentair 011028 is that it is an energy saving pump as compared to traditional pumps. So you are guaranteed to save 75% to 90% more energy when you use this pump.
- Another upside of having the Pentair 011028 pool pump is that it has a dramatically quieter operation as compared to other traditional pumps. So when you use this pump you are guaranteed of a noise free environment.
- The Pentair 011028 can be used to replace the Pentair 011018. So if you had the older Pentair 011018 and are looking for spare parts, you can always purchase the Pentair 011028, since they are compatible with each other.
- It has a built in timer which helps to ensure that the pump is running at optimum speed and for the correct duration.
- Comes with a warranty, so you can easily take it to the manufacturer should you place any problems whilst the warranty is still valid.
Pentair 011028: Cons
- The disadvantages of buying a Pentair 011028 is that, it is usually unavailable on the market, so there is a risk that you might not find its spare parts on the market.
- The Pentair 011028 is also a bit more expensive than the Pentair 011056.It usually costs $1 859 whilst the Pentair 011056 costs $1 777.
- It only saves you 75% to 90% energy unlike the Pentair 011056 which guarantees you a 90% energy saving.
- It does not control flow, it just controls the speed.
Pentair 011056 Pros
- One of the advantages of purchasing a Pentair 011056 is that it is cheaper than the Pentair 011028. The Pentair 011056 usually costs around $1 777.
- Another advantage of purchasing the Pentair 011056 is that it is usually readily available on the market and the spare parts can also be found. So you are guaranteed that you will not face any troubles when looking for spare parts in the future.
- The Pentair 011056 is an energy saving pump and you are guaranteed to save about 90% more energy than you would save when using a traditional pump.
- Can be used to control both the speed and flow rate unlike the Pentair 011028 which only controls the speed rate.
- Comes with a warranty so you can easily take the pump to the manufacturer, should you face any challenges whilst the warranty is valid.
- Does not make a lot of noise as compared to other traditional pumps.
Pentair 011056: Cons
- It’s a bit more expensive when compared with traditional pumps.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Between Pentair 011028 and 011056
When choosing which pump to purchase between the Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 there are a few things you need to consider. Below we discuss some of those things.
- Price- consider how much money you are willing to spend on a pump and then choose the one that fits your budget.
- Availability of spare parts- before settling on a pump to buy, consider whether spare parts for that pump will be available 3 to 4 years from now just in case you might need to replace a few things.
- Energy saver- identify the pump that saves you a lot of energy so that you don’t have to spend lots of money on your energy bills in the future.
- Speed- choose the pump that has the most speed and suits your needs.
- Design- consider the design you want your pump to have. If you want a lighter pool pump, its best to choose the one that doesn’t weigh too much.
- Features- consider the features that will be available on the pump and purchase the one that has features which are sophisticated and worth having.
Pentair 011028 Vs 011056: Verdict
Choosing between the Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 can be a daunting task however, at the end of the day, you need to purchase a pump that best suits your needs. If you are looking for something that is cheaper and will not give you problems in the long run, you are better off choosing the Pentair 011056. The Pentair 011056 costs about $1777, so if you are running on a tight budget it would be a better option since you will still get some of the features found on the Pentair 011028 like speed, designs and energy saving.
If you are looking for a pump that does not make a lot of noise whilst also being a bit energy efficient you may go for the Pentair 011028. This is because this pump has a quieter operating system that produces about 45 decibels which is 4 times quieter than other pumps. So if you are looking for something that won’t make a lot of noise, the Pentair 011056 is a better option for you.
However, regardless of which pump you choose, it is important to note, that both pumps have almost similar features. They both save you a lot of energy and they both make less noise when compared to traditional pumps. The Pentair 011028 and 011056 both operate at the same speed, so at the end of the day, it may be better to opt for the cheaper pump which is the Pentair 011056. The advantage of buying this pump is that it is usually readily available and the spare parts can also be found.
How Long Do Pentair Pool Pumps Last?
Pentair pool pumps can last you for ten years or more. However, this usually varies depending on how well you take care or maintain your pool pump. If you want it to last a long time, you definitely need to maintain it regularly.
What RPM Should Pentair Pool Pump Run At?
It depends on your personal preferences. The Pentair pool pump can be set to run at 8 different RPM since it has programmable settings. However, the most recommended RPM are between 1000 to low 2000. You should also ensure that the pump does not spend more than 8 hours operating at that speed or else it will experience excessive wear and tear over time.
Is It Ok To Run A Pool Pump All Day?
Yes it is ok to run a pool pump all day however, you need to be aware that a pool pump uses a lot of energy. So if you are not worried or concerned about paying a lot of money for your energy bill, you can definitely run a pool pump all day.
The Pentair 011028 and the Pentair 011056 are all good pool pumps, and choosing the right pump for you can be a complicated task. This is one of the main reasons we have compiled this article in order to help you out. It is worth noting that both pumps are considered to be energy savers as compared to traditional pumps and they are also know to produce less noise. It is our hope that you use the guide above to choose a pump that goes hand in hand with your needs and also suits your budget.